How long does a bunny live?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annkierst1

Reaction score
Hell all

I have a simple question? What is the average "in house" keptbunny. Is there a website that I can go on for bunnyattitudes and gestures. Lola is trying to tell me somethingby her jesture and I do not know what it is

Need help

annkierst1

I don't know about house buns, but I have a 12-13yr. old outdoor bun and generally average about 8-9 yrs. for outdoorbuns. That's other than baby fatalities, of course.

Rose

Thanks Rose

I got on the website that talks about bunnies, and found that Lola doessomething that I could not find.Lola just stares at me withboth of her ears up in a somewhat I am pissed off look. thenwhen I go to touch her she lowers her head and allows me to.Then all of a sudden she bites me. Well needless to say I amappauled, simply because I just gave her love. I rub her fromfront to back above her head the same way my daughters does.Oh and by the way, it dosent matter how Kiersten picks Lola up she justgoes into a "slump" type mood with her feet justhanging. I don't understand. I mean Lola is a bigbunny not a dwarf and my daughter pickes her up like you would pick upa baby and Lola does nothing but surrender. I try to love herand the little so and so bites me.

annkierst1

ann, I have noticed big buns are suckers forlittle kids, but will act up around adults. If she is a young female,rapid mood changes are par for the course. They may permit briefattention and then quickly turn on you, as you described.

It would be interesting to see how she reacts to adult males. She mayfind you threatening because simply because you are an adult female.Sometimes rabbits get confused as to human vs. rabbit. My large maleshave been known to be attracted to human females and threatened byhuman males--I suppose it can work the other way too.

But hormones settle down after the first wild year, so if she's still young give her time and don't take it personally.

Just a guess anyway....

Rose

Yes a rabbit can tell the difference in gender of humans.

Say a rabbit was abused by a male, they may be extremely weary of amale after that and take to a female better. That was just an example,not suggesting anything about guys!

Then my bunny(male, not neutered) is weird, helikes my husband so much more than me. I almost never get kisses, butmy husband gets kisses even if he pinches him.

Although, to be fair, his last owner was a female and she did not pay much attention to him. Maybe that why he is like that.

It doesn't always mean a rabbit will dislike a certain gender! Some rabbits just like some people better.

oh I made up an explanation why my bunny does notlike me as much even though I feed him and you had to go and spoil itfor me.:p

Latest posts

Back