How high can bunnies jump

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For the past couple of months, Devon and Amber have been allowed in apen attached to the cage. It was 28 inches (2 nic cubes) high. Buttoday Devon jumped over it. Would a pen 42 inches (3 nic cubes) high betall enough to contain them?

Thanks,
Bunnydude

It really depends on the rabbit. I mean, 12inches would keep Eli in,36" keeps Mocha and Spice in but 42"can't keep Zoey in.

i'm not exactly sure how high they can jump buti know i've seen mine jump pretty high when he wants to. i think 3 niccubes high should do it though....but if Devon jumped over 2 nic cubes,do you think he'll attempt to jump over 3? If he does and doesn't makeit he might hurt himself. Maybe you can put a top on theattachment so you don't have to worry about it....that would discouragehim from even trying.

I know that MH can jump clearly over 2gridshigh. I think he can do 3 but have not seen it yet thankfully. He jumpover 2 grids high to my guinea pigs cage. Oh them girls were freakinout cause they thought that MH was a giantgantic piggie.

It depends on how much space they have to run and jump. They can go pretty high

Some don;t even need running space. Zoey jumps 42" from a stand still.

I know that Tina and SPM are talking about Flemish Giants, but what about Zoey and JJ? What size are they?

Zoey is a Holland Lop and was about 3.3 lbs when she jumped those things last.

it really depends on the size of the rabbit maybe bout 1ft&1/2 more than the height of the rabbit ifthey get out the party like this most of thetime:party:homer would get out you just had to say HOMER and hedf go back in andlook at ya like:angel: while hes forming anotherplan.

Generally the size of the rabbit has nothing todo with how high they can jump. My larger rabbits can't jump nearly ashigh as my little one yet I know some people with large rabbits thatcan jump very high.

Latest posts

Back