How happy are you with your rabbit(s) litterbox habits? (now)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
Peanut, my current rabbit, gets a 10. She has been living inside her dog playpen home for two months now with no accidents.

Bagel, my last rabbit;when she was behaving, scored an 8.

Bagel would sometimes struggle (with her litter box habits) when she in her dog playpen home. She would do fine when I put her into her smaller cage.

Rate your bunny.

Hmm. 7 or so. He is still getting use to the idea of the litter box and it isn't connected to anything so usually he will tip the whole thing and then the whole purpose of having a litter box goes away. Lol. :) Daisy doesn't use a litter box.

Pep is probably a 6.5? 7?
Urine always in the litter box, part of poops in the litter box, and he doesn't poop outside of his cage mostly.. but all over the floor inside of it.

Korr and Amelia would be a 9.5 or a 10. They are very good with the litter box, but there might be the odd poop or pee out of the box. They have a 3 level cage and only pee and poop on the bottom where the litter box is.

Lillian is a 9 or 9.5. She is usually really good, but has some times where there is pee or poops out of the cage. This is usually when she gets veggies (she is sensitive to them) or has a fuller coat. She does have a big pen attached to her cage and hardly ever pees in it, but there are some poop (some might be from when I clean and don't clean up the pen really well).

Kraken get a 9 in the cage. He never really has any poops out of the litter box, but might pee once in a while. His cage when I clean is mostly hay. In the pen, it is another story and he doesn't use the litter box at all. He does use the same areas to pee, but poops end up all over.

Tesla would get an 8 in his cage. He mostly uses the litter box for pee (there are sometimes that he does not and that is usually when it is getting dirty). For poops, he is pretty good but there do tend to be some out of the box. He does have a small box (won't use anything else), so that could be part of it. Again, in the pen all bets are off.

Gizmo and Nala get around a 5. They will use the litter box, but it's maybe 50% of the time. There are lots of poop around the cage and pee on the blanket.

Erslev is 7.
He only use the litterbox or the cornor were the litterbox is so it's a 10 if it's with in a meter from the litterbox.

We have a bit of a "tradition" were he try to cheat us by leaving "gifts" beside the litterbox at night. He is really creative when he try.

I'd give ours an 8.5--all urine is in the box and most of the poop, but they do leave some here and there to let the others know they were there. commander Bun-Bun was a solid 10--she never ever left anything outside of the litter box.

Shiny Thing is probably a 8-9. She had been so good about using the litter box but since I added the shelf in her cage she insists on moving the box and going where the box was before. Most of the pee and poop is in the box.

Beauty is probably a 5-7 depending on the day. Some days she will not have an accedent outside the box and other days everything will be out of the box. Beauty used to be a 9.5 but then I got Shiny Things and her habbits got worse. Now that Shiny Things is getting better I am hopping that she will get better.

When they are out to run that is a different story all together. I do not even put a litter box out for them. If I do put one in, Beauty will not leave it. They have been getting better about not going to the bathroom as much when they are out to run lately. In the 1.5 hrs that they normally have to run around for there is normally 1-2 pee spots and 10-30 pieces of poop. I clean the pee up right away, but the poop waits until after play time is up.

I have not really tried to train them to use their boxes. I just leave it up to them to figure out, and so far they are doing a good job.

I give Ollie a solid 8 or 9. She never goes outside her cage and she pees in her litter box 100% of the time but poops outside of it occasionally.

Pre spay Agnes was a 9.

After spay she is a 10. She never poops outside the box. Ever. It amazes me with as big of an area for free run she has I never find a poop. She hasn't peed on the couch in weeks (that was her only pre spay accident). She is so good.

I often think think that if or when I get another bun, he/she is gonna have some big shoes to fill. Agnes is a perfect bunny! I got so lucky. I love her so much:hearts

Nibbles used to be a 9 or so, but lately, I'd give him a 6 or 7! It seems that when he deems his litter box isn't clean enough, he pees somewhere else!! Little bugger...

Junie and Crispin do a much better job--9 or maybe a 10. Every so often a little poop will find it's way out of the box, but they never pee outside of it.

Candy Cane is a perfect ten; I can let her have the run of the house and she always uses her box.:)

Vegas is a zero; he moves the hay and uses it as a bed! Never have I seen one poop in his box. I can't let him in the house, either, beause he pees everywhere!

Carrots is still young and learning, so I give her a 7. I see her pee while she is digging at or playing with something, and I find poops occasionally, but other than that she is trustworthy.

Right now maybe a 6. Honey has been 100% litter trained since being spayed. Hunter however was doing pretty good with training until I gave them a new home, a huge x-pen now he seems to be pooping everywhere, hopefully its just marking his new teritory.

Latest posts

Back