How do you store your pellets & How long do you keep them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:

I was prompted to ask about this because of an article I read about mold and mycotoxins in the 2006 Annual Rabbits USA mag.
I'll see if they reference the resources for this article.

~Jim

Thanks Jim. That's what I was looking for (Rabbits USA source for the info).

Pam

Okay now....I found the magazine....found the article.....put the magazine down.....AND CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE!!!!:headsmack

Off to search.......:ph34r2

~Jim

My sister and I buy a 50lb bag of rabbit pellets and we store them in a metal trash can in our shed. It has a lid that we put on and all. 1 50lb bag of food for 9 rabbits usually lasts a little over a month. For our hay bales, we used to go through like one every four-six months. But now that we give our buns more hay, we go through one like every 2-3 months. And then with babies or winter time we go through hay bales about once every two months. And with pellets and babies it is just a little shorter than over a month.

Sorry for that doulbe post. I forgot to say that our hay cost around eleven dollars and 1 50lb bag of food costs around ten dollars.

We purchase a 10 pound bag of pellets and portion it out into one week serving amounts. Example - we feed 1/8 cup in the morning and 1/8 cup in the evening per day. One week is about two (2) cups of pellets. The 10 pound bag will last about seven (7) weeks. The portions are sealed in(Foodserver brand) vacum packed plastic bags (about 7).

LMAO when you guys revive a dead thread you have to warn me. I was like..Rosie only feeds 2 of her buns pellets?? She's gonna go buy a bale of hay tomorrow and didn't even ask me if I needed any? And other confusing thoughts..till I realized the thread was 2 years old.

Latest posts

Back