How do YOU handle this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...." Why do these people feel it's appropriate to go in to someone's house and make insensitive remarks...."

Because they are jerks, Fluffybuns.

Is there any way to invite Bunnyman over? He sounds like he would sort those jerks out. :wiggle:

Last edited:
Oops! Sorry, Watermelons!

Stevesmum- I'm apologize for making it sound like I meant that towards all hunters or fishermen. I know there are people out there who do it in a respectable way. I meant it more as that I disliked the idea of (me) hunting and disliked how my dad treated it. Yes, it was nourishment, but I couldn't ever understand why he was so happy to have killed something so beautiful. He doesn't feel the same kind of respect and appreciation for the animal as you and your family do.

I think whiterabbit has the winning answer for the threads question on why people do it (make those sort of comments about someones pet) though.... because they are jerks!

And yeah, it's supposed to be funny and a joke and it should just be laughed off... but when the same person says it to you over and over and over again in the span of about 30 mins, while having a cat that just caught the canary sort of grin on her face, it stops being funny pretty fast. One joke, ok, har har... but some people don't know when to stop.

Well, it's an easy joke to tease people with, imho there's no point in being too thin-skinned about that when keeping animals as pets which also can be livestock. Potbelly keepers sure can fill books with bad jokes like this

When someone really means it, then he's an insensitive jerk.

On the other hand, some things some few pet owners say to livestock breeders rarely qualifies even as bad joke.

I'm somewhere in between, I do raise rabbits for meat, but my keepers are pets to me.

Back