how do i stop him biting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesska

Reaction score
iv had my netherland dwarf since last novemberand this last month hes justed started to bite when i mean bite justnot a nibble its full on and i tap hes bum lightly to ssays it wrongbut it just doesnt seem to have an effect and its getting worse twice aday, i rang vet up and she say iv got to handle him more wich i couldof cry when she said that cause he comes everywhere with me i cantleave him alone for 2 mins and that hes going though adolescent andfinding hes feet but hes getting bosy and abit nasty how do i get himto calm down back to hes self

here a picy of him,looks so sweet

For one thing, don't use physical punishmentlike tapping on a rabbit. It tends to either make them moreaggressive (because they feel that they need to defend themselves) orscared. After all, they are prey animals not predators likecats and dogs.

Is he neutered? If he was a baby when you got him inNovember, he's at the perfect age for bunny puberty rightnow. "Teenage" bunnies are often more aggressive because ofall the hormones rushing through them. Neutering can greatlyhelp with these problems.

Here's some more reading from Bunny 101:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12319&forum_id=17

no hes not neutered but i might have himdone,because i have realised its when i held one of my big males hegoes crazy cause he can smell then that what iv work out,maybe becausehes an indoor rabbit that when iv been outside and held them i come inand starts bangin he feet and biting really nasty other time when ichange my clother perfect little bunny again,so do i have to get himused to the smell or the rest,or do i have to wash my hand get getchange its a bit of a buggar that though when the rest all so good witheach other

Latest posts

Back