How can you tell if a rabbit is blind?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Starting to have questions about Guinevere'ssights. I remember reading a thread where buns with red eyeshave a high probability of having sight problems.

We moved Guin into a cage the other day because of her potty habits inSEVERE decline (Pee and poops right next to the box) and now that sheis back in a cage her habits have improved. However I noticedher first night, she nosed both her water bowl and her food bowl beforeshe chowed down.

And Shawn did a second test... put Guinevere in the main room thenbarked at her to get her to run back to the bedroom. She ranthe corridor, but didnt see that the door was closed and went whamright into it. Luckily she slowed down enough that she didnthurt herself, but she had no idea the door was closed.

I could just be paranoid, she is still as cuddly and licky as ever...but we did shave a patch of fur off her back :pTrimmed herdown, but got a little to clipper happy on one spot... boy is she mad!

Hi Buns....That's a hard one. Theselittle guys can fool us into thinking anything! I had neverthought that Dancer was blind...it didn't dawn on me, at all, until Ichanged his hay pot. i thought that he "danced"around my feet because he loved me...yeah, right.
I realized that he was "dancing" around my feet to "see" where Iwas! He couldn't get into his litter box (one inchhigh!!). I have caged him and he is now feelingsecure. He now uses his litter box....seems oblivious to hisproblem. He does get around more than Noodles...... who ispartially blind.

Latest posts

Back