home sweet home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight01

Reaction score
everyone im back from camp AND IM SO GLAD TO BEBACK WITH ALL OF YOU! i havn't forgotten anyone and have thought aboutyou all. i got to help the counselors with the bunny's in handling themand stuff since i was one of the only two people (me and a naturecounselor who ive known for 6 years) and they were awsome. Midnight isdoing great. got him so many toys before i left. well, toys and treats.im so glad that i talk to you all again. well sorry, but im just givingthe heads up. later ;).

Welcome home!! Can't wait to hear what you did and how it all was.

Bet midnight is happy to see you again too :D

haha, god. i did so much at camp, ifelt so bad tho! one of the kids dropped the rabbit, and its droppingsstarted to stick together by litter hairs, which isntgood, this issigns of depression which could lead to sicknesses and death i think,but eventually i nursed it back to health, it decreased, then ithappened to another bunny! but it got taken care of.

Midnight01 wrote:
haha, god. i did so much at camp, i felt so badtho! one of the kids dropped the rabbit, and its droppings started tostick together by litter hairs, which isntgood, this is signs ofdepression which could lead to sicknesses and death i think, buteventually i nursed it back to health, it decreased, then it happenedto another bunny! but it got taken care of.
What a great opportunity to get to help take care of the camp bunnies!!Sounds like you had your hands full. Did you show everyone the properway to handle a bunnie??

Were the bunnies shedding/molting while you were there?? The poopsstuck together with little hairs sounds like they were passing a lot ofloose fur. Was it warm there? Sometimes warm temps can make buns shedor molt more.

Anyways... it sure sounds like you had a great time!!

~Jim

well one of the rabbits was very hairy, withlong hair, so i had to comb it since long hair can cause hairballs which can actually cause death. it warm and come times cold soyea. i showed them the proper way to hold it and i also taught themthat holding a rabbit by the ears is one of the #1 rules of rabbits.you can NEVER EVER DO IT! and i also taught them that holding them bytheir scruff (while using ur other hand to put under their feet ortheir butt) is okay and doesnt hurt them. they wwill stay alot morecalm and u wont get scratched. good thing i work at an animal hospital.im learning more! lol

Midnight01wrote:
good thing i work at an animal hospital. imlearning more! lol

I think it's a GREAT thing! I don't know any teenager aroundhere who would devote so much of their time to animals like you do(well maybe if they were 2 legged animlas in shape of Boys or Girlsthey might LOL)

Seriously though I think what you are doing is great! Keep on doing what you are doing.:highfive::clap:

THANKS! ive beeen intersted and studying animalssince was 3, starting with the pics. good thing i have a photographicmemory. i gotta start studying more tho =]. i would die for animals*literally* i would never kill an animal. its the same thing as killinga person, importance...no more, no less. everything on this planet hasa purpose..for example...toilets...well ok. anyways i love animals andif u ever wanna talk , PM me.

Latest posts

Back