Hmm..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbi

Reaction score
Yesterday, my bunny (Flopsy) started sheddingfurre everywhere. I know this is normal. But she'sacting really strange. She's started picking up the straw inher mouth, in huge lumps, and I haven't watched her long enough to seewhat she does with it.. She just gathers it all in her mouth,picking it up bit by bit. Also, she is staying in the bedroompart of her cage, and rrely comes out (bedroom is where the straw is),but only if she wants to use her litter box.. And usually, ifI open the door to her cage, she'll move the other side, but shedoesn't anymore.. She's just weird. :p

I know over a month ago now she escaped with my Mums bunny Snuggles,and there could be a chance she is pregnant (they'd be due around now),and I just don't know. :p Anyone know if this isnormal behavior?

lol...

Very normal behavior--for a pregnant bunny! ;)

Sounds like all the signs are there....and we all love baby pics..... hint hint.....:D

Good luck! Sounds like she's doing her job.

Rose

P.S. that behavior also happens during false pregnancy, also quitenormal. But if she's been with a male, it's more likely to be the realthing.

Either she's really cold from losing the fur, or she's pulling it out and using it for a nest LOL!

Don't forget the camera! :p

blossombunny wrote:
maybe babies bunnies for Christmas???? Tracy
As much as that would be such an awesome Christmas present, I think I'dhave kittens myself! Knowing that I would have to give themup when they were old enough would break my heart.

But yeah. I'll keep you all posted!

Abbi wrote:
blossombunny wrote:
maybebabies bunnies for Christmas???? Tracy
As much as that would be such an awesome Christmas present, I think I'd have kittens myself!

Kittens and babie bunnies, too? ;) (couldn't resist)

Our Brindle has nested twice since we got her. It' strange because shehas never been in contact with any bucks. Our only male is Benji andbothwere fixed at the same time. They do have their cagesnext to each other and have "bonded" through the cages. I figured itwas just her motherly instinct. She nested about 3 weeks ago. Everytime I would fill her hay rack she would promptly remove it and add itto her nest. Went through a lot of timothy in a week.

Jim

JimD wrote:
Abbi wrote:
blossombunny wrote:
maybebabies bunnies for Christmas???? Tracy
As much as that would be such an awesome Christmas present, I think I'd have kittens myself!

Kittens and babie bunnies, too? ;) (couldn't resist)

Our Brindle has nested twice since we got her. It' strange because shehas never been in contact with any bucks. Our only male is Benji andbothwere fixed at the same time. They do have their cagesnext to each other and have "bonded" through the cages. I figured itwas just her motherly instinct. She nested about 3 weeks ago. Everytime I would fill her hay rack she would promptly remove it and add itto her nest. Went through a lot of timothy in a week.

Jim

Jim, my bun Fergi was a chronic nester. The last time she did it I justassumed it was another false pregnancy. Boy was I suprised to find sixbabies in the nest:shock:. Anyways before then she always built a nesteven though prior to Ben living here she never had any males around herand that's about a years worth of nests, lotta timothy hay!!

Fergi's mom

Maybe how she puts her hay and straw is to make a nest. I think she`s pregnant.:shock:

Latest posts

Back