hiccups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinupchick

Reaction score
When she was sprawled out on the floor earlier today, her whole body started to ripple in what looked like a series of muscle contractions. Her head or limbs were not involved, just her torso. Her relaxed facial expression didn't change at all...she seemed to not be bothered by it.

I've never seen this behaviour in her before.

And just about ten minutes ago while she was eliminating in her litter box, in a hunched position, her torso began to move in a hiccup-like manner. Again, no change to facial expression, no eye involvement.

Do rabbits hiccup? I called the vet after the first bout and she said it didn't sound like a seizure...not sure what else it could be other than hiccups...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSIkipInd28[/ame] <-- in an upright position it looked like this.

Laying down it was full-body rippling.

The boards tend to be a little slower on the weekends. A mod should be a long soon to answer you.

I don't know if rabbits can have hiccups, I know I heve never seen either of my rabbits do anything like you described or have hiccups. Let me see if what info I can find for you.

Latest posts

Back