Hi,I have a ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lassie

Reaction score

I have a ? for u people out there today.

How many of uout there give their bunnies treats or peanuts or both? Whendo your bunnies get them. What do u feedthem?

My bunny gets a peanut inthe moring but the peanut is out of shell allready cause Buster isspoiled so I am the one that has to crack the shells for him.Also he gets a peanut at night with a treat.

Please tell me what u dofor your bunny and things like that.

Today my honey ask me whatis the big deal about giving a peanut to Buster!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Delia

We give our rabbits limited treats, usually notdaily if we can help it. Raisins are the favorite around our house,with bananas a close second. They also loooove apples.

As long as you aren't giving him more than one or two, it should be ok,but I wouldn't go more than that if you're giving him those daily. It'snot good for rabbits to get too much of a good thing. Sort of like us.lol

I'm give out treats very sparingly.When I do, it's Zupreem (the bird treat), or a piece offruit. They'll get yogurt drops here and there.

:)

-Carolyn

You can also incorporate other, healthy thingsinto his diet as "treats", which you should be feeding him on a regularbasis anyway. Things such as broccoli, carrots, parsley, cilantro,dill, stuff like that.

When I come bearing a plate of cilantro, I call out "Bunnniiiieees" ina certain way, and all three come tearing butt over to me.

Stephanie wrote:
When I come bearing a plate of cilantro, I call out"Bunnniiiieees" in a certain way, and all three come tearing butt overto me.
****singing the bunnie snackie song****

"Snacks for da bunnies......

I gots snacks for the bunnies.....

Ooooh, snacks for the bunnnnnies!"

****sounds of pounding feet****

:p

for treats, i give them thin slices of cucumber,grape tomatoes torn in half, or sunflower seeds. i mainly give it tothem when i'm training them to obey me or when i'm playing with them.treats should be used as ocassional rewards, not snacks.

Stephanie wrote:
You can also incorporate other, healthy things into his dietas "treats", which you should be feeding him on a regular basis anyway.Things such as broccoli, carrots, parsley, cilantro, dill, stuff likethat.

When I come bearing a plate of cilantro, I call out "Bunnniiiieees" ina certain way, and all three come tearing butt over to me.

AHAHAHA! When mine hear the crinkle of the bag and then I'kiss' at them, it is a mad dash - I swear they'd knock me over if theywere any bigger :p

JimD wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
When I comebearing a plate of cilantro, I call out "Bunnniiiieees" in a certainway, and all three come tearing butt over to me.

and if you have a flemish...that is followed by sounds of mommy ordaddy being knocked over as "baby" shows their appreciation andexcitement!

Peg

JimD wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
When I comebearing a plate of cilantro, I call out "Bunnniiiieees" in a certainway, and all three come tearing butt over to me.

Lol JimD, you are a strange and wonderful guy. :D;)

Rose

Lassie wrote:
So I take it not any one in here givesthere Bunnies peanuts.
Hi Lassie!!

I don't give my bunnies peanuts, but they get enough other treats.

I did reasearch a bit and found (on the HRS site) that people do givepeanuts, peanutbutter, and treats containing peanuts to their bunnies.This would lead me to believe that it would be safe, however I wouldonly give in moderation due to the high fat content.

~Jim

I think if you gave them peanuts on a regularbasis, you'd end up with an obese rabbit on your hands, which obviouslynone of us want. Now and then should be ok though.

Latest posts

Back