Hi guys, I'm new

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitandCatLvr

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum,just joined today. I have two bunnies but also help to runthe pet room at my school (boarding school) where people can keep theirpets, mostly rabbits. Well, up until Monday we had 11 bunniesthere... but then we had a litter of 10 baby rabbits onMonday! I have mixed feelings... on one hand, they're reallyadorable, and the mom is really cute so I'm sure they will be too...but on the other hand, we have way too many bunnies there plus there'sa rabbit overpopulation problem in the world. Well, at leastthis incidentis causing all the male rabbit owners in theroom to have theirs neutered!! (My two are both neutered, andlive in theanimal room) Anyway, if anyone has anytips they would be greatly appreciated (we had a litter last year...actually my younger bunny is one of them, but I'm still pretty cluelessabout how to help the owner care for the babies).

Pictures of my bunnies of course:

Junior4.JPG

That's Junior, 6 months old. He's one of the babies from lastyear. This pic is a little old, though, he was only about 4months old there.

Oliver3.JPG

That's Oliver, Junior's dad (Ollie mated with Junior's mom AFTER he wasneutered... the vet forgot to mention the fact that you've got to waita while first). He's about 14 months old.

Picture of the new baby bunnies... they're three days old in this picture (taken today):
1455Babies.JPG

oh, babies at that age are so cute (in a wrinkled kind of way!!!)

Welcome!

Rose

P.S. here's my babies (Palomino)four months ago:

Pict0008.jpg

And now:

Untitled-9.jpg

Wow cute bunnies!

So how does the a pet room work? I have never heard of a pet room.

:shock:Wow alot of babies is that ten kits that I counted there?:shock:

and last but not lease, WELCOME!

This group is a blast.

Welcome RabbitandCatLvr! I am sure that someonewill be able to help you with your questions, everyone around here isknowledgeable in one area or another! You have some beautiful newbabies posted and your buns Junior and Oliver (I love that name) arereally cute. Once again welcome to the forum and I look forward tohearing more about this "pet room" at school, that sounds really neat :D

Fergi's mom

Welcome!

This is definitely the place to get answers for any rabbit questions you have. The folks are great and understanding!

Dawn

Your rabbits are adorable, I love their noses!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome RabbitandCatluvr. :)

I should steal a page from the boarding school you work at and mentionit at the boarding school I work at. People beg me to bring in mylittle ones, but I won't have it. Too many people coming and going allday long and my little ones just aren't used to it. A pet room is sucha great idea though.

A boarding school nearby has a zoo on their campus. The students haveto take a course and help take care of the animals. They have a varietyof different monkeys, reptiles, foxes, rabbits, porcupines, red pandas,can't remember the names, but they're small kangaroos, and many otheranimals. It's a beautiful zoo and each animal has a living area thatallows them more than enough room and to be in it's natural environmentas much as possible.

I love your baby with the diamond on his nose. So cute! He doesn't look like he has attitude at all. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Jump in anywhere.

Rose,

That's a great picture of the babies in the nest.

-Carolyn

Hey, I know you! hehehe...

You're boys are sooo cute. Hope you find this place as helpful as I have :D

~ m.e. (aka "spacemonkey" on CatForum)

Hi again,

The pet room is great! Anyone, day student or boardingstudent, can keep their pet there, as long as it lives in a cage (nocats or dogs, obviously). Mostly we have bunnies.Then there's a club, Lab Rats, where if you are in the club, you helpto take care of the animals... for instance, if the owner is at homefor the weekend, you can feed their bunny, and also monitor to makesure that people are actually taking care of their animal(s).If there are any problems, you report to the biology teacher, who isthe teacher in charge of the animal room. I LOVE it... Ispend so much time there! And people who bring their animalsin will usually allow others to hold them, so it's nice even if youcan't have your pet there.

So I have more pictures... the babies grew so much in just a fewdays! I'm going to take more pictures today, but these arefrom a few days ago, when they were five days old. Yesterdaywas their one week birthday!
Babies2.JPG

RabbitandCatLvr wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, just joinedtoday. I have two bunnies but also help to run the pet roomat my school (boarding school) where people can keep their pets, mostlyrabbits. Well, up until Monday we had 11 bunnies there... butthen we had a litter of 10 baby rabbits on Monday! I havemixed feelings... on one hand, they're really adorable, and the mom isreally cute so I'm sure they will be too... but on the other hand, wehave way too many bunnies there plus there's a rabbit overpopulationproblem in the world. Well, at least thisincidentis causing all the male rabbit owners in the room tohave theirs neutered!! (My two are both neutered, and live intheanimal room) Anyway, if anyone has any tips theywould be greatly appreciated (we had a litter last year... actually myyounger bunny is one of them, but I'm still pretty clueless about howto help the owner care for the babies).

Pictures of my bunnies of course:

Junior4.JPG

That's Junior, 6 months old. He's one of the babies from lastyear. This pic is a little old, though, he was only about 4months old there.

Oliver3.JPG

That's Oliver, Junior's dad (Ollie mated with Junior's mom AFTER he wasneutered... the vet forgot to mention the fact that you've got to waita while first). He's about 14 months old.

Picture of the new baby bunnies... they're three days old in this picture (taken today):
1455Babies.JPG
Welcome to this forum.The pictures are lovely.

Welcome!

That is so great that your school has that. I know there are many outthere who go to school and have to leave their pets behind at home, orworse, give them up.

I can't believe how quickly those little bunnies are changing. They're going to be so cute.

Latest posts

Back