Here They Are!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for sharing your words andfeelings. it has made me realize that it is ok to feel theway I have been sometimes. Right before Thanksgiving wasreally hard for me. I could not understand whyIfelt so "down in the dumps". After telling myselfthatI was wrong to be feeling that way because I haveeverything to be happy about,I finally figured out that I wasfeeling that way about my sister Margaret. She was38 years old and passed away very unexpectedlly on Dec.222001. The next Christmas was spent with another sister beingput in the hospital. Last year I did not quite know what todo with myself over Christmas. This year I experienced thatdown period but nowI am doing much better and I am actauulyenjoying some festivities. My sister Margaret lovedChristmas. I used to travel to Iowa to spend Thanksgivingwith her and her family. Her big thing was to go shopping onthe day after Thanksgiving. I am not a good shopper but Ialways went with her because that's what she really enjoyed.I know that she's out there somewhere, but you are right about thephysical things. I miss her laughter,quick mind and hervoice. Thank you all for helping me, because I truely feellike you have helped me see that it is ok about myfeelingsand that I still will go through some grieving atspecial times. Thanks again. Love to all at thisspecial time of year. Beckie

Carolyn wrote:
Pam,

Have you read Deepak Chopra's teachings on quantum physics?

If you haven't, I think you'd like it.

-Carolyn

P.S. Absolutely the loss of their physical form is what hurts the most. :(

Thanks Carolyn,

I'll have to check it out!

Pam

2bunmom wrote:
Thank you all for sharing your words and feelings.it has made me realize that it is ok to feel the way I have beensometimes. Right before Thanksgiving was really hard forme. I could not understand whyI felt so "down inthe dumps". After telling myself thatI was wrong tobe feeling that way because I have everything to be happyabout,I finally figured out that I was feeling that way aboutmy sister Margaret. Beckie

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I can reallyrelate to that cloud of depression. I still mournthe loss of my mother, especially during the holidays, when familiesare meant to be together. The loss helps us to appreciate andenjoy the special people we have in our lives now.

I hope everyone can experience a sense of peace during this holidayseason. There are many other hearts that also bear the sameburdens and share your pain.

Pam

My heart goes out to you as well, Beckie.

Losing a parent, although very very difficult, is a naturalprocess. To lose a sibling at such a young age is quitedevastating.

As expressed above, you are not alone. My sincere sympathies go out to you.

(...and Michelle, you as well.)

-Carolyn

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard ~
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame,
I knew you wouldn't mind,
Iasked Him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you
in all things great and small
But it was for His loving care
I prayed for most of all.

-Anonymous

This is also a hard holiday for me. almost 2years ago on my sister's b-day my mom passed at the ripe young age of58. the hardest part this year, though, is my dads new girlfriend, whoi hate with a passion. he goes away for the weekend with her at leastonce a month, and goes out with her at least twice a week. you guys whohave kids prolly wouldn't think it was such a good idea to live a 15year old girl alone for more than 24 hours, but my dad isnt really thatsensible. he was never around, so he's being just plain mean to me. Ireally don't wanna go down to GA to see my aunt and uncle and peoplewith him, but I have no choice. :( but i still live by the fact thatthe holidays will be over in a month.

dreamgal042 wrote:
This is also a hard holiday for me. almost 2 years ago on mysister's b-day my mom passed at the ripe young age of 58. the hardestpart this year, though, is my dads new girlfriend, who i hate with apassion. he goes away for the weekend with her at least once a month,and goes out with her at least twice a week. you guys who have kidsprolly wouldn't think it was such a good idea to live a 15 year oldgirl alone for more than 24 hours, but my dad isnt really thatsensible. he was never around, so he's being just plain mean to me. Ireally don't wanna go down to GA to see my aunt and uncle and peoplewith him, but I have no choice. :( but i still live by the fact thatthe holidays will be over in a month.

Dreamgal - What a sad story for someone so young and on your sistersbirthday too, it must be horrible for you both. It must be hard for youall the time not just this time of the year!

Love and prayers to you honey!

Vickie

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
It must be hard for you guys, I know how it feels. Everyyear since my dad died( 6 years ago), Christmas just hasn't felt thesame. But as one person left the family, it seems like more have beenadded. John with me, my brother and his new fiancee, so though my dadis gone, we're still one big family. And its a time to remember the funtimes we had, and to celebrate the spirit of giving.

I give you all lots of hugs during this time *huggies*

-Michelle
Michelle, What a positive outlook you have! Love to you at Christmas

Vickie

Dreamgal, I didn'tknow that the situation with your Dad's girlfriend hadn't improved.:?I'm sorry that the Holidays are feeling like a bummer. Ihope something comes around with your Dad soon. Maybe by some fluke thetwo of you will be able to talk sometime soon and he will be able tounderstand how much he is hurting you. Hang in there.

XOXO- Raspberry

dreamgal042 wrote:
This is also a hard holiday for me. almost 2 years ago on mysister's b-day my mom passed at the ripe young age of 58. the hardestpart this year, though, is my dads new girlfriend, who i hate with apassion. he goes away for the weekend with her at least once a month,and goes out with her at least twice a week. you guys who have kidsprolly wouldn't think it was such a good idea to live a 15 year oldgirl alone for more than 24 hours, but my dad isnt really thatsensible. he was never around, so he's being just plain mean to me. Ireally don't wanna go down to GA to see my aunt and uncle and peoplewith him, but I have no choice. :( but i still live by the fact thatthe holidays will be over in a month.

I too am sorry, dreamgal. That'sa tough situation,Honey. I hope something improves in your situation.

-Carolyn

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss. I lost my dadin november when I was 8. Then, My brother passed of Osteogenic sarcoma(bone cancer) when I was 17. I miss them both very much. Especiallyaround the holidays. Charles (my brother) loved Christmas so I thinkthat makes it more difficult at times. I seem to miss him more atChristmas than at any time of the year.

I have an end table near my tree. I've put photos of them both there.They just seem closer to me that way. Every year on Christmas day Itell my kids at least one story of when Charles and I were young (someof our crazy antics). Through those stories and memories...he'sstill with us. I still miss him, but I know he's stillwatching out for his baby sis. Just as I'm sure all of your loved onesare still with you.

Lanna

Back