HELP!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sso the guy got rid of it before i got there :pssd:. i have been letting him go to the extra bedroom we have and roaming around in there since there is nothing in it i watch him of course. but now he has figured out that he can hop out of his cage. so i put the litterbox out and but a smaller box by it so he can jump back which he has he has been laying down by my desk. i dont know what im going to do i cant leave with knowing he could get out. i put all the wires in tubes and picked up everything he could chew.

If you cant have her/him running free like that, another temporary option would be a bath tub that has sliding glass doors. So long as shavings or staw or carpet is used to cover the entire bottom of the tub for traction.

i dont mind him being out i just dont want to leave him alone by himself because i havent had him long and i dont know what he likes to get into and stuff. i dont think he would like the bath tube thank you thou.

I was also going to suggest a bath tub. If you put some newspaper or something similar on the bottom (and cover the drain) for traction, it can be a great temporary housing situation!

The tub or bathroom in general works well as a temporary situation. Bethrooms can be easily bunnyproofed because they typically don't have cords etc. Just be sure there are no cleaning chemicals available.

Kitty litter is not a good idea for buns. If it is clay it can cause impaction if eaten or respiritory issues from the dust. The one kitty litter that is safe is yesterday's news (recycled paper). I prefer wood stove pellets because they break apart if wet (just incase eaten) and contain the smell much better than anything else I have tried. Then hay goes on top or in a basket, to keep it clean, that is reachable from the box.

The bath tub is great. You could do the whole bathroom if you wanted, but if he's not litter trained it could be massy.

NEVER use cat litter, it's dangerous. Any paper litter is safe, kiln dried pine pellets, aspen... I use aspen because it's cheap. Cedar should be avoided like the plague and pine is in question so why take the risk. You can put hay on top for them to munch, but hay for the whole box is not absorbant and would have to be changed so often, it's a bit of a waste.

I use feline pine which is a cat litter, but it's made of compressed kiln dried pine. I wouldn't use clay cat litter and I don't consider if bunny safe. If you do keep him in the bathroom, remember to put the toilet lid down. I've heard horror stories of pets jumping into toilets and not being able to get out.

yea i read that thank you i bought a regular litter box for his cage and already had a cat litterbox for my room. i used carefresh for the bottom to and added a light layer of hay. so hopefully that will be better. i have one question what do you use as flooring for your rabbit?

Please call Gainesville Rabbit Rescue's program director, Kathy Finelli, at 352-318-0028. She will give you great advice and help you out any way she can.

Latest posts

Back