help!something isnt right!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Thumper was down the road 2 weeks ago and the male over there got herfor about 10 seconds,is that enough time for her to becomepregnate,every since then she has been pooping peeing and drinking ALOTof water,she wants to lay down 24-7 and she dont want her tummy touchedat all.Im not sure what to do if she is pregnate thats fine im 100% okwith that but dose anyone have hints or tips on how to find out if sheis pretnate or not?

ashley thumps faynayers.

She is also getting a dwalp imguessing its becasue she is 7 months old almost 8 but i just noticed it3 days ago.Im scared to pick her up and hold her.

The babies can be palpated within a fewweeks, they feel like marbles. You can have a vetcheck your bunny if you feel uncomfortable handling her right now.

You will need to change her diet if she is pregnant.

Sounds like you might want to see your vet for more info.

She can definitely get pregnant that quickly.

You'll need to be ready, just in case.Count 31 days from the days she was with the buck -- this istheday she'll most likely kindle (give birth) if she isindeed pregnant.

She will need a box (metal or wood boxes are generally used) -- you canuse a heavy cardboard box and is just large enough for her to turnaround in. Stuff it with hay or straw and put it into thecage a few days before she would be due.

Many does will start to gather hay in their mouths if they are pregnant-- try giving her a little and see if she starts any "nesting"behaviors. This can be a good indicator of pregnancy (after 2weeks) if the doe is suspected to be pregnant.

Do not change or increase her diet at this time -- it can lead topregnancy complications. You wouldslowly increaseher food after the litter is born.

To determine pregnancy -- you would have to "palpate" (feel) for thebabies in the abdomen. Two weeks after mating is the besttime to palpate because it is when the babies are easiest tofeel. I have posted a number of times onpalpating,so you can do a search of the archives. If she won't let youtouch her tummy, you're not going to be able to palpate her abdomenthough.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Thank you guys so much,Would it be alright to leave Faynay in thumperscage up untill she pulls hair? She has 6 breast and 2 of them areswollen dose that mean anything,It has been 1 week and 3 days since shewas playing with the bunnies down the road,I will keep in touch Imgoing to go see if i can feel or notice anything else about her, Isgrowing a dwalp because of her age by the way?

Thanks a bunch

Ashley

Lol. I have people that are my "family" so tospeak and they have 3 rabbits i always bring mine down there to playwith theres.i wanted her to get pregnate and if she is ill be soo gladi just need to know how to tell and what to look for.Fay also goes downthere but isnt allowed no wear near the boy becasue she is too young.

-Ashley

Ya I just want to make sure she is doingalright.My boyfriend and me are fighting so I not really all here.He isthe one who buys there food,toys,cage ect.....So its kinda hard rightnow,i just hope and pray that she is alright and that everything worksout in the end.Agian thank you all for the Information you guys haveshared,i really feel at home on this fourm

ashley

aww i hope she is ok too, i dont see why shewouldnt be, its hard to tell if shes pregnant by looking at the picsand not feeling for anything, especially at such an early stage. Lookfor other signs too, maybe aggressiveness ( mine didnt go through thatbut many do) nest building, although that wont happen for a couple ofweeks yet. If i think of anything else i will let you know:D

Leanne:)

Latest posts

Back