HELP she is in labor anyone still up tonight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
She passed a something and cleaned it up I assume it was like her water broke. Now she is so active and acts confused likewhat is going on:(should I try and comfort her ?

I'm scared help

You have a pm...

A couple of days ago my neighbor's rabbit had babies and she let the rabbit do what it needs to do.She did not have to do anything to help get the babies out.I am not a pro at rabbit keeping and neither is my neighbor but she left the rabbit alone.She made sure it had fresh water and she would keep an eye on it.This might not be the case every time a rabbit gives birth though.I hope I helped.

TinysMom wrote:
You have a pm...

You are awsome :innocentyour phone call really helped me and knowing you said call any time tonight if I need support and help

thank you so much :)

Tessie wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
You have a pm...

You are awsome :innocentyour phone call really helped me and knowing you said call any time tonight if I need support and help

thank you so much :)
My phone is going on the charger now - so it might take me a bit to grab it if you need to call in the next hour or so.

But honestly - if you need someone to help you - I'm here.

From everything you've shared - I'm sure she'll do fine.

Any news??

When my lionhead was pregnant.. She started pulling our fur, and making her nest, I ran in house for a bit, And then when I checked on her she was eatting her pellets and running around, So then I put my hand in the box, And I felt Warm Babies, I was soo scared to touch them,

I would just let her do her thing.
I used to raise holland lops when I was like 11 (not sure why my parents let me...lol) but I just let the does do their thing.
Just make sure she has a nice nest box, plenty of hay and leave her be.
If you do touch them make sure you rub your hands all over her first because rabbits are known for killing their babies if they feel threatened.
Its just an instinct.
I would leave them alone for at least a week.
But in the morning, rub your hands all over her and stick kind of pock around to make sure they're arent any that died.
Rabbits are very fragile, they die a lot more than one would expect.
Do that every once and a while but other than that I would leave them alone for about two weeks.
Then you can examine them more and thats when they get all fuzzy and twitch in the nest, its so cute.
Then by three weeks their eyes are open and they're running around.
Most adorable little things you'll ever see...lol

I cant wait until my two lionheads are old enough to breed :)
I'm no expert but all I can say is just make sure you dont mess with the nest and the babies to much.
Good luck, hope all goes well.
Keep up updated! :D

Sarah93 wrote:
I would just let her do her thing.
I used to raise holland lops when I was like 11 (not sure why my parents let me...lol) but I just let the does do their thing.
Just make sure she has a nice nest box, plenty of hay and leave her be.
If you do touch them make sure you rub your hands all over her first because rabbits are known for killing their babies if they feel threatened.
Its just an instinct.
I would leave them alone for at least a week.
But in the morning, rub your hands all over her and stick kind of pock around to make sure they're arent any that died.
Rabbits are very fragile, they die a lot more than one would expect.
Do that every once and a while but other than that I would leave them alone for about two weeks.
Then you can examine them more and thats when they get all fuzzy and twitch in the nest, its so cute.
Then by three weeks their eyes are open and they're running around.
Most adorable little things you'll ever see...lol

I cant wait until my two lionheads are old enough to breed :)
I'm no expert but all I can say is just make sure you dont mess with the nest and the babies to much.
Good luck, hope all goes well.
Keep up updated! :D
I handle my babies on a daily basis from the day they are born - it helps them become socialized earlier and it gives me a chance to check them for any problems.

They should open their eyes around days 10-12 and you really want to be checking them then to make sure they don't get nestbox eye (an infection).

My current litters will be two weeks old in about 12 hours....some of them are jumping out of the nestbox now (and learning to jump back in).

yeah, thats great if your doe trusts you and allows you to do that.
I just would be a little cautious if this is the does first litter.
I just would hate for her to have all these gorgeous baby bunnies only to find the next day they've all been killed.
Just saying its good to take a little precaution, especially if this is the first litter.

And yeah, they start getting super cute at about two weeks jumping and twitching around.
I was just saying by three weeks they're fully mobile and adorable...:biggrin2:

Well I didn't sleep well and no babies :(I still cansee them rolling around. Can a rabbit stop her labor?

It is a good idea to check does periodically when they are due to kindle. We had a doe last night with a kit stuck 1/2 way out. If I hadn't of picked her up, I wouldn't have noticed.

pamnock wrote:
It is a good idea to check does periodically when they are due to kindle. We had a doe last night with a kit stuck 1/2 way out. If I hadn't of picked her up, I wouldn't have noticed.

I had that happen with a kitten themom came up to me :)

Well back to Eittle Bunny I am so:embarrassed:embaressed. But I was for sure she was in labor.Well today I did the food treat test and she ate,babies are still very active today is 29 days. I know with dogs and cats when the babies are active it's not long till birth. I was a Vet Tech for ten years but we didn't have anyone with rabbits.

Thanks to everyone, and Tiny's mom I still might call ;)but only if it is a emergency :D

Sarah93 wrote:
yeah, thats great if your doe trusts you and allows you to do that.
I just would be a little cautious if this is the does first litter.
I just would hate for her to have all these gorgeous baby bunnies only to find the next day they've all been killed.
Just saying its good to take a little precaution, especially if this is the first litter.

And yeah, they start getting super cute at about two weeks jumping and twitching around.
I was just saying by three weeks they're fully mobile and adorable...:biggrin2:

Like other have mentioned, I too handle my babies from day one - no matter if it's the does' first litter. I've yet to have a doe kill her babies because I've handled them, and I've heard this is just a myth.

It's important to check the nestbox daily to see if the kits are being fed, as well as take out any DOA babies. ;)

Emily

Tessie wrote:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #daece5"
Well back to Eittle Bunny I am so:embarrassed:embaressed. But I was for sure she was in labor.Well today I did the food treat test and she ate,babies are still very active today is 29 days. I know with dogs and cats when the babies are active it's not long till birth. I was a Vet Tech for ten years but we didn't have anyone with rabbits.

Thanks to everyone, and Tiny's mom I still might call ;)but only if it is a emergency :D

I've never heard of a "treat test" to check for impending labor - it's not an accurate way to determine when a rabbit will give birth.

pamnock wrote:
Tessie wrote:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #daece5"

I've never heard of a "treat test" to check for impending labor - it's not an accurate way to determine when a rabbit will give birth.
I was told they will not eat before labor and if she eats her favorite treat/food she isn't in labor :?

Latest posts

Back