HELP!!! Refusing new hay... His favorite is temp sold out!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So cookie LOVES crazy tasty hay! And we love it too! Smell so good! But they are temp sold out, and won't have more til the august harvest... Well we got him store bought hay and he hates it... Doesn't really eat it... He's been super grumpy, and also leaving poops around his enclosure! Which he hasn't done AT ALL since his neuter...

What unless can we try? I know he NEEDS to eat hay...

Try orchard grass and give it a couple of days. Peter used to eat pellet only when he first came to us, so I cut his amount way down and the 2nd day he started eating hay and is still one of the better hay eaters we have.

Ok thanks! We will try orchard grass and I'm going to order some broom hay from the crazy tasty website... Hopefully he starts eating it... Ad maybe when the crazy tasty is avaiable again we should just get a bale... How long can hay last before it goes bad? It would be a long while for him to go through a bale...

Well we've tried orchard grass and broom and oat hay... He eats a little but no where near the amount he eat of the crazy tasty... *sigh* he is so spoiled! I guess he will just have to deal until I can order more...

Is that the only hay you feed him? I guess I would need to buy a bale of that stuff to keep up with how much hay I feed these guys, i always shove a huge chunk in there when they're getting low. Is this like a treat hay? I want to try some for them, it looks pretty yummy! lol

It's not "treat hay" just hay that is specially made for buns :) and yes normally it's all he gets! I'd love to buy a bale... But dint really have anywhere to store it... And I would worry it would go bad before he finished it! And the bales are not cheap lol

Mine wouldn't eat hay at all i tried many kinds but then i misted it with non sweetened apple juice for about a week now they are eating hay ...

Crazy Tasty Hay Original is sold ut, but our new Wild Bunny Delight is just in! It smells like the original, but even more fragrant, and has clover flowers in it! It is amazing! It is now available at www.BingalingStore.com and new sizes are coming soon. We wanted to get this hay on the store asap because we know how difficult it can be to find a replacement for the Crazy Tasty Hay. We think you will like this as much, or maybe even more!
thank you for your support!

Piglet II wrote:
Crazy Tasty Hay Original is sold ut, but our new Wild Bunny Delight is just in! It smells like the original, but even more fragrant, and has clover flowers in it! It is amazing! It is now available at www.BingalingStore.com and new sizes are coming soon. We wanted to get this hay on the store asap because we know how difficult it can be to find a replacement for the Crazy Tasty Hay. We think you will like this as much, or maybe even more!

Thank you so much!!! I just ordered him some :D

Piglet II wrote:
Thank YOU! I can't wait to hear what your little guy thinks of it!
:)

I'm sure he'll love it! I love it! I have pretty bad hay allergies and ya'lls hay doesn't bother me at all! I love the smell :)

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me? I guess I could of asked on the website... If I need to I can... But the care fresh yall sell? The 30liter, the big one? Is that the same as the big ones they sell in the stores? I can't figure it out... The big one we bought from the store says 26 liter but it's like 21.99... And so if the one y'all sell is the same size for 6.99, well... I'll never buy it at the store again! LOL ;)

Oh Wow! I hope the Wild Bunny Blend is OK with your allergies! We do not filter it because we don't want all the clover flowers to fall out. But we are considering offering a filtered version. Please let us know what you think about having it filtered, or if you like it the way it is. We always want to hear feedback.
The Carefresh that is listed on our site as 30 Liters is the medium bag. I can give you the measurements, and maybe that will clarify. It measures 16x9x5 inches. The one in your store may be the 60 liter one. I don't think we usually have that on our store, but if you'd like it, please send us an email because we'd like to know.
Thank you for your support!
: )

Piglet II wrote:
Oh Wow! I hope the Wild Bunny Blend is OK with your allergies! We do not filter it because we don't want all the clover flowers to fall out. But we are considering offering a filtered version. Please let us know what you think about having it filtered, or if you like it the way it is. We always want to hear feedback.
The Carefresh that is listed on our site as 30 Liters is the medium bag. I can give you the measurements, and maybe that will clarify. It measures 16x9x5 inches. The one in your store may be the 60 liter one. I don't think we usually have that on our store, but if you'd like it, please send us an email because we'd like to know.
Thank you for your support!
: )

So we got our hay today, wow that was fast! :D and cookie sat in his box eating his hay for a whole hour!!! Without breaking!!! Lol just sat there eating!! He loves it!!! And it smells nice too :)

I def would be interested in finding out how much yall would charge for the size care fresh that is double the size of the one we ordered this time... So one that expands to 60liters? I think...

Piglet II wrote:
Crazy Tasty Hay Original is sold ut, but our new Wild Bunny Delight is just in! It smells like the original, but even more fragrant, and has clover flowers in it! It is amazing! It is now available at http://www.BingalingStore.com and new sizes are coming soon. We wanted to get this hay on the store asap because we know how difficult it can be to find a replacement for the Crazy Tasty Hay. We think you will like this as much, or maybe even more!
hmm, I've read about this hay on this forum but never seen it in stores. Is this web site the only place to get it?

Oh Wow! Cookie sat in his litterbox for 3 hours eating? That is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. getting real feedback from bunny parents makes this whole venture worthwhile.Did you get the TAO or the Wild Bunny Blend?
BTW...We'll be taking a road trip to VW in the second week of August. Maybe we'll do a hay drop-off. : )

Hi Thumperina! We are new, and only have an online order way to ship hay out. If you ask your ocal pet supply store if they can carry our brand, that will get the bal moving. We hope to be there someday! : )

Piglet II wrote:
Oh Wow! Cookie sat in his litterbox for 3 hours eating? That is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. getting real feedback from bunny parents makes this whole venture worthwhile.Did you get the TAO or the Wild Bunny Blend?
BTW...We'll be taking a road trip to VW in the second week of August. Maybe we'll do a hay drop-off. : )

Not 3hours maybe I had a typo, it was an hour... But still a very long time for him :) we have had to fill it up twice tho... Which we never have had to to do with the stoe brands :) and yayaya for coming to WV :)

We got the wild bunny blend, but you guys gave us a sample bag of the TAO and he likes that too lol

Latest posts

Back