Help! rabbit hurt her legg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionrex

Reaction score
Well my mini rex (female) was freeromeing around the room. some string fell on the ground and my bunny some how got it cought on her leg. I tryed to cach her and finaly did but before i did she was squealing :(She is veary scared but is eating/drinking fine. should i take her to the vet tomarow? she doesn't seem that her legg hurts her or anything but i realy dont want my bunny to get hurt. I touched her leeg and she didnt do anything.

Is she hopping on her leg, meaning is she using her leg at all? If she is not using her leg then I would take her into the vet and get an xray.

When Prince was alive, he broke his rear right leg by jumping off the top of the cage. I didn't feel anything broken but he was in pain, he didn't squeal or anything. He didn't use his leg at all. Took him to the vet and they xrayed his leg and sure enough he broke it. Fixed him up after getting approved for Care Credit and he used his leg a little bit.

I hope your bunny is okay and using his/her leg.

How's your doe doing? Hope it was just a scare and nothing else and she's back to her ole self again.

K :)

I am sorry i have not been able to give you guys a update sooner because i have been unable to get on my computer.

But here is the update. She had no signs of a broken leg or anything. She still walked on it fine and hoping around. But i did keep her in a smaller cage for the first day just to make sure she did't hurt it anymore. Now she back to her old self andisvery healthy and happy :):)

Thanks for all your help. :)

In the future, I would recommend holding her gently but so she can't move and moving the leg in question through its full range of motion. If it moves without problems and the bunny doesn't show signs of pain, there isn't an issue.

Ya i did hold her gentaly and moved her leg around to see if it hurt her and it didn't so i was pearty sure she was alright :)(Next time before i let her freerome i am going to make sure there is no string on the floor)

Latest posts

Back