Help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James2614

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Our two females are being spayed on Friday. But at the moment one is humping the other. The one being humped has been fine but this morning was 'squeaking' at the other one. My other half then fed them and they were fine together again, eating with their faces touchig etc.

I'm just checking they'll be ok until Friday really?

James

I believe squeaking type noises generally are considered to be unhappy noises related to fear/pain. If you have the ability to separate them, but keep the cages right next to each other, it would be beneficial. It's possible that they could be fine, but if there's a risk it might get out of hand, I would probably separate them, just in case.

Unfortunately no way to separate them at the moment apart from top and bottom of their hutch. I'm home from offshore tomorrow so will keep an eye on them all day so it's only today they need to get through.

Will there be any "hard feelings" after they've been spayed or will they be alright together still/again? I just want them to be friends :)

they should be great together after they are spayed. my rabbit was so much better after being spayed- no more weird hormonal greetings and no more accidents on the floor. you might want to try and separate while they recover after the surgery, you don't want any rambunctious movements! after they heal, they will probably still be friends. if i am correct, even fixed rabbits might show dominance by mounting the other, but i think it might be a one or two time thing. you will have to get a second opinion on that!

Yea, they're doing it every time we go outside so it will definitely help! :) thanks as always guys and gals

Latest posts

Back