help not sure what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans_mommy

Reaction score
twinkie my netherland i think is about to havebabies do they line the nest with furbefore or after they are born???? there is fureverywhere i was shocked i went in tochange the cages and fur fur and more fur!!! i suspected shewas prego but thought i had some timelol thanks in advancebeans_mommy

Yes, rabbits will pull fur and line their nestswith it. How long ago was she with a buck? Have youpalpated her?

I would suggest to put a nestbox in with her so she can make a nicewarm comfy nest. You do NOT want her to have them on the wire/ bottom of her cage cause this can be deadly for the babies - they'llget hypothermia real fast.

~Sunshine

beans_mommy wrote:
do they line the nest with fur before or after they areborn???? there is fur everywhere

Hi Beans_Mommy,

In many cases, just before they have babies they start pulling theirfur; that said, some does won't do it until the babies areborn. Pregnancy usually lasts between 28-35 days.Many rabbits have their babies on the 31st, but not saying that will bethe case for Twinkie. Just thought I'd mention it.

Having the nest box will keep the babies in a contained area, insidethe nest,and keep them warm and comfortable. Placethe nestbox in the opposite corner of where she goes to thebathroom. The bottom of the nestbox should have an inch ortwo of soft bedding, so be sure to give her plenty of hay.

It can bedays away or she could have them today.

Feed her twice as much food as you normally do, and three times as much once she has the babies and is nursing.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

thank you all for ur help............twinkie had3 babies but one died:(.........beans (the daddy)must have got her the day before he got snippedsneaky little flemish giant that heis i cant wait till they startgrowing a bit its an interesting breed to say theleast a flemish giant and a netherlanddwarf :? i have pics to followhave to go get batterys for the digital camerafirst ill keep ya posted. isthere anything special that i need to do to ensure that they dowell?? ty Donna

Woa. What a feat. A Flemish and aNetherland?????:shock:LOL Wonder how big they will be. LOL.Should be able to come up with a good name for their breed. The LittleBig Dwarfs? LOL. This could be fun coming up with names forthe breed.LOl

The toy flemish?

The teacup Flemish?

The Giant Dwarf?

The Half pint Giant?

The miniture Giant?

The little Giant?

HE HE HE HE He I want to hear some more. and LETS SEE THOSE PICS ALREADY. ;)LOL JK

Latest posts

Back