HELP!!! my rabbit chewed a whole in my couch and i am scared she digested some of it.. what do i do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddie_20

Reaction score
Guys i was just looking over some notes beforemy final today and i went to check on my rabbit and she had chewed awhole in my couch .. which i have to fixe before my parents find it buti am worried that she could have possibly digested stuff.. what do ido????

I don't want to lose her!!! she is my baby :(

Madhura

WelcomeMadhura,

Unfortunately, there's little you can do at this point. Ihope it wasn't a big section. It might just pass through herif she did ingest it and chewed it up well.Youcould massage her belly a bit, and let her run around sothat her system keeps moving. Keep a close eye on her and ifshe stops eating or herpoop decreases in size,I'dtake her to the vet.

Prayers and thoughts for you andyour littleone are sent your way.

-Carolyn

I am so scared Carolyn,,, so i should let her run around ??? so that way it will help her pass through her system

I havemy last final this morning so i am studyingbut once i come back if i let her out is that okay or will it be toolate?

Thanks

Madhura

P.S she is eating her veggies and her hay but i am so scared i want to cry!!! :(

Try to calm down, DearHeart. I know what you're going through, I've hadthat happen with one of my rabbits eating the carpet at onepoint. It's extremely scary, and I was in the same mode asyou. It all worked out in the end, but Good God, I don't knowhow I got through without having a breakdown. When it's yourown, you go completely blank.

Yes, I would let her run around to keep her systemmoving. You can only do the best you can as far astime with her running around. It's good that she's eating hervegetables and drinking. :)

Go with the idea that she'll be okay. Just use it as your mantra. How long ago did she do the damage?

-Carolyn

Well the fact that she's still eating is a good sign. :)

-Carolyn

How's your baby doing, Madhura?

-Carolyn

Well i just wrote my exam and came home and sheis drinking water and finished pretty much everything in her eatingbowl and whenever i feed her hay she eats it

So i am praying that everything is okay!!!

Thanks

Madhura

Maddie_20 wrote:
she is drinking water and finished pretty much everything in her eating bowl and whenever i feed her hay she eats it
All good signs. Next question, is she pooping normally? If she is, after 8-12 hours, I'd say you are both looking pretty good.

Buck

Glad to hear it, Maddie! :)

Fingers and toes are crossed, and praying. As Buck said, what's her poops like?

How is she this morning??

-Carolyn

Ya she is pooping tons and she is eating all herstuff in her bowl so i think we are good to go.. she is as active asanything... and the whole in the couch is pretty big.. now that i amfree for the summer i can pay her extra attention so she doesn't doanything like that ever again!!!

Madhura

Thank God, Madhura! :dude:

I'm so happy to hear this.

Now that you're past this, do check out the link in the Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care entitled 'GI Stasis'.

The best indication of how our rabbits are doing is by their poop. Withit being molting season, you have to be careful of blockages. Althoughhaving a material blockage compared to a hairball is two totallydifferent things. Buck Jones' can tell you his story of surgery onMissy.

I am breathing a sigh of relief knowing that you and yours are okay. *Phhhheeww*

:)

Thanks for the update.

-Carolyn

Thanks so much for keeping me sane!!! I don'tknow what i would have done.. and cause she is a mini rex ijust pet her lots that way she doesn't shed too much to get hair balls.

Thanks again you guys are awesome!

BELIEVE Me,

We would've lost it with you if it didn't work out in the end.

Kiss that little trouble-bubble for me. Baaad Girl! :X

:)

-Carolyn

Oh, I'm just reading this, I don't know how Imissed it, but I'm so glad it seems to have worked out justfine. Miss Basil, one of my mini rexes, went through surgeryin January to correct the fact that she decided to "punish" my beingout of town by eating carpet. She was a very bad girl, and Iwas a very lucky human she was able to be saved. She's thequeen around here, and I don't know what I would do without her.

Jen

Latest posts

Back