Help (first time rabbit owner)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi There

Does anyone know why or if rabbits should lick? our bun has startedlicking myself and my brother and it is not just once then she bouncesoff she can sit for several minutes and just continuously lick you,does anyone know what this means?

Also she continually eats her wood shavings, it doesnt seam to be doingher any harm just wondered if anyone elses rabbits does the same?

Hope someone can Help

If your rabbit licks you that means they likeyou, like when they groom each other, it's called bunnykisses.:kiss:I'm not sure about the woodshavings thing thoughbut i can't imagine it would be very good for her.

Those are bunny kisses. Some rabbits just do itmore than others. Like my 5-month old bunny Devon, who will lick youuntil his tongue gets dry!

Oh yes, bunny kisses are a good thing.

We use shavings too and our rabbits occassionally eat them. Have had noproblems with that. Just make sure it's not cedar shavings.

If your rabbit is eating a lot of the shavings,switch to something else. Large amounts of any type of littercould cause intestinal blockages because they are hard todigest. If she's only nibbling a little, then it's okay.

Latest posts

Back