Help ASAP! Bunny won't eat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babybunnies, I'm glad your bunny is better. I know it's hard to spend money you don't have on vet visits but think of it this way, you have peace of mind knowing that she's OK now and out of the woods. It hurts to spend funds you don't have to be told that they're fine but at the same time, it's so much better than the alternative and in the grand scheme of things $75 isn't horrible. I just spent $225 for vet visits, medication, tests etc. on my bunny and she still may need another more costly medication plus our guinea pig is now acting ill too. Trust me when I say, I can't really afford it either but it's what we have to do sometimes when our animals get ill. Again, I'm so thankful that your bunny is better and I hope she continues to do well. I also would encourage you to remember that the people who make up this forum are just normal people who love their bunnies and don't want to see any one's bunny's sick or suffer. They were only trying to help and were just passionate about it. A sick animal brings that out of any animal lover.

I know we all would agree that we are thankful for your bunny being healthy and happy. :)

Babybunnies_x wrote:
I am very upset with the help I got here.

You were all wrong. And I was given NO other suggestions.
She started eatting, defecating, drinking and acting completely normal again all on her own. The only thing I could do was soften her food and encourage eatting and drinking so I did and she just got better.

I took her to a vet when we finally had a little money, and found out that I spent 75 dollars for the darn vet to tell me she's fine.

Why would you be upset with the help you got here? We were trying to figure out what was going on with yourbunny. Most of us said teeth issues because your bunny wasn't eating. Whatever your bunny went through, you were able to get her through it. But your bunny was feeling ill, but what you did for your bunny got her through it.

It could have been GI upset of some kind, like stasis. Maybe your bunny had a mild case of it and you were able to get her through it with the advice on this thread.

What you described in your original post, sounded like your bunny was having teeth issues. Many rabbits go through teeth issues. Dwarf rabbits are one of the breeds that have teeth issues. Prince, netherland dwarf, had molar spurs, thank goodness they stayed trimmed and I didn't have to spend a ton of money to keep his teeth trimmed.

Anyway, we all care about everyone's rabbits and we try our best to help them with the information that they give us.

I am glad that your bunny is okay. You did a great job getting your bunny through whatever was making her ill. It is always best to find out that your bunny is okay rather than find out that they are not okay. I am always relieved when I find out my rabbits are okay.

What I am saying is that your bunny was ill for a little bit then she got better before going to the vet. It is like when they go through constipation, they are ill for a little bitm but then they get better. It is always good to get them checked out at the vet to make sure that they are okay.

What I'm upset about is I cried for three days straight because everyone told me she was going to die (go read the posts.)
I did not do what was suggested because being laid off and 15,000 in schools debts with a household to keep up, I couldn't afford even one dollars worth of supplies.

So she got better all on her own...
The emotional turmoil I went through because "angieluv" Told me she's going to die. No other option. (again, read her post.) and everyone else agreed.
I'm thankful people wanted to help, but no one kept in mind that it could be something different.

Ok I can see where you misunderstood.

When a bunny stops eating and drinking they go into a condition called GI stasis, in which the gut slows down and eventually stops, therefore it can kill the rabbit. A rabbit's Gi tract needs to stay moving.

Angieluv was trying to help you keep your rabbit alive. She is a very good rabbit person. Also she was letting you know that stasis is very bad, but can be resolved by keeping the rabbit hydrated and keeping the gut moving. We were all trying to help you keep your bunny alive. Many of us have been through illnesses with our rabbits.

Yes stasis is scary. My female rabbit, Sweetie, went through a mild case of stasis. I got her through it and thank goodness it was mild.

Matter of fact, whenever any rabbit is ill it is scary because they can go downhill fast. I had a sick rabbit for 2 1/2 years and I kept him as healthy, when I got him healthy, as best as I could. But he passed away August 31st of this year. I was very heartbroken. I know what it is like to have a sick bunny, and to get them healthy again is a hallelujah.

Good job getting your bunny well again!

I am sorry that my post stressed you out., however for every case that turns out well like yours did there are numbers that do not because the rabbit is not taken to a vet.

We are anon-line forum and can only base our responses on what info we are given.

I am glad that your rabbit iswell ; you did a good job.:goodjob

Latest posts

Back