Help! 9wk old mini lop has stopped pooping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronsonsHuman

Reaction score
Beautiful ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396333129.419789.jpgBronson has been eating, drinking and pooping since we got him a week ago. I noticed today he has stopped pooping. It's been 8hours now. I'm worried he'll stop eating soon too, if he feel too full. Please help!

If he's stopped pooping but is still eating, there could be a blockage in his GI tract. I'd get him to a vet ASAP, and don't force critical care or anything if he's not pooping, since it could only contribute to the blockage.

:pray: Feel better, Bronson!

You should definitely get an appointment to have him seen by a vet. He could be starting GI stasis and it's really critical to get that under control as soon as possible.

You might be ok to not go to the vet right away, if your bun is still eating, drinking enough(if using a water bottle, is it working), behaving normally and not showing any signs of pain.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/knowing-when-your-rabbit-needs-emergency-treatment.html

Sometimes rabbits won't poop as much during certain times, like the middle of the day when they are less active and sleeping most of the time. Is this maybe what your are seeing? Or it is possible that your bun is experiencing a GI slowdown. Have you fed your bun anything new in the last couple of days? What type of diet is your rabbit on- type and amount of hay, pellets, veggies and treats? Does your bun eat hay well? Does your bun get a lot of starchy sugary foods? What are your rabbits poops normally like- are they mushy at all or really dark, tiny, and irregular shaped, or are they the normal coco puff type balls that crumble when you crush them?
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-droppings.asp

Latest posts

Back