Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karaliene

Reaction score
Hey, fellow bun-lovers! I'm Karaliene - but I'm often called Kara. To be honest, I'm called Kara so much anything else seems unnatural! I'm sorry I've not popped in to introduce myself before... I've been playing the lurker for a week or so. Or is it more? I actually can't remember, which is pretty bad. Anyways, memory-problems aside, I'm a rabbit-loving teenage girl who has finally got permission to adopt my first rabbits!
So yes, I started the story at the wrong end there, didn't I? Oh well, I can begin again if you'd like to know my story...

I fell in love with rabbits when I was about 7. At the time, I was crushed when my parents gave me a firm 'no' to my begging - although I do now think they were probably right. Over the years, I've pet-sitted a friend's rabbit and almost got them a couple of times, but it never worked out - until now! I'm so pleased it is working out now as over the years I've amassed many books and a ton of knowledge about our furry friends.

Eventually, I want to become an ethical, welfare-orientated rabbit breeder (any tips welcomed!) but I've persuaded my parents to let me adopt for my first rabbits. So below is a picture of them... it's a Mama and her two daughters. Mama is only 1 year old and the babies were born in September '19. They're spayed and vaccinated.

1590663751708.png
As you can probably see, there're two blue-eyed whites and one red-eyed white. I think the red-eyed white is the Mama but I can't be certain, as the rescue center hasn't confirmed that yet. Anyways, I plan on calling the REW Begonia - they're really pretty flowers and we have red ones growing in our garden - so seeing as she has red eyes I thought it quite fitting. The others, the ones which are BEW will be Bouquet & Blossom - so the trio will have matching names!

We're converting our old playhouse into a home for them and I can't wait for it to be done so I can welcome them home! They have had a rather traumatic life so far, and I hope I can turn that around for them. The rescue center informed me that their previous owner purchased two 'female' rabbits and lost interest in them after realizing one, unfortunately, wasn't female. Though the owner should have separated - or neutered/spayed - them, this didn't happen and so it ended up that the parents and the babies were cramped and eventually were taken in by the rescue.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. 👋 The one in the front looks like BunBun, my rabbit!

We would've gotten a REW lop too if it weren't for my mum's distaste in the red eyes. Welcome to the forum!

Back