Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
So, I am new to the site. My name isRachel, but everyone I know (except my parents for some reason) call meRae. I am a junior in highschool and avid animal lover ( I like littlekids too, because what's the difference?:D )
I am here to absorb all kinds of bunnie info. I had a rabbitwhen I was really little. I wasn't really in charge of it (you know,being like 4 years old puts a damper on your knowledge of vet visits,types of food, etc). I look back at my poor Floppy (Yes that was hisname. He had floppy ears and I was little. I think it was suiting.), Ifeel terrible. My mom never let me hold him when he was little so hewouldn't (and didn't) put up with being held. He lived in atiny wire floored cage that sat about 3 ft off the ground, barely bigenough for him to turn around. He didn't toys or anything.But even then he knew compassion. He would fling out his little bunniepellets to wild rabbits below him. He passed about 6 Christmases ago. Idon't cry anymore but I still have dreams that he has escaped and gohappily through fields with his wild bunnie friends. I swore that Iwould never have another bunnie again. But I think that bunnies mayjust be in my blood.
Because as I am getting closer to graduating and moving outof my moms and into my boyfriends I have been thinking about findingsome companions, since my mom blatantly told me I couldn't take any ofthe house cats. She did say that I could take the dog. I love himdearly but the house I will be living in won't have room inside (Rileyis of the GIANT mutt breed. I saved him from dying in the middle of theroad. He was trying to follow me and just collapsed. But that isanother story for another day...) And I don't want him living outsidebecause he is a magician and has escaped every collar and harness knownto man and several known to monkeys! ^.^ Also the house is very closeto the road and has almost no yard.
So upon telling my boyfriend that I want a bunnie(s?) andhaving the"You-can-have-a-bunnie(s?)-but-I-am-not-getting-rid-of-my-cats" talk.(He is definitly a kitty confirmed person), he offered to buy me abunnie(s?) from a pet store. I shot this down. I might have to wait tilafter Christmas. (My main christmas present this year is that I get tomove in with my beloved.) I shall wait til Easter and go to a shelter.There are so many little bunnies given as gifts on Easter then givenaway the next week because the novelty wears off and they are aresponsiblity, and I want to give these bunnies a second chance! I willredeem myself to the bunnies! *At this point, Rae strikes a heroicpose* (But they will have to be small bunnies that I redeem, becauselike I said it will be a fairly small house crammed with me, myboyfriend, Xavy, Sirus, and Dottie (His cats) and my bunnies)
So I am here to learn and discuss bunnie health, living, nutrition, breeds, etc etc etc! Teach me bunnie lovers!

Hello and WELCOME!

I'm a highschool junior as well. I got my first rabbits lastsummer. I got most of my bunny information from thisforum. It's like a family here now. :)

It's great to see you've recognized your mistakes and are prepared to fix them.

I'm a bit confused on your whole boyfriend situation... but I'm also a social nightmare, so I won't comment on that.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Feel free to stop by my blog to read up on my bunnies: Miss Fiona Whiskers and Mr. Timothy HoppyToes.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16067&forum_id=6

You might also want to check out the Bunny 101 section.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=17

Some things you probably don't know about me (and maybe some you didn't want to know):
1. I would probably be an animal horder if I had the money. I love furry little things the best.
2. If I could have any animal right now (besides the bunnies I will begetting in the not iminent future) it would be a fennec fox. Thosethings are crazy adorable.
3. I am an artist,poet, and an author, though I have only hada few things in the school lit. magizine. Nothing has ever made it big,but I have time to keep going.
4. I have ALWAYS loved bunnies. (To this day I have slept with at leastone bunnie plushie every night since I was born...My friends know.Sometimes they laugh. I don't care)
5. I am a very open minded individual. I will talk to anyone aboutanything. Most people say I am very mature for my age.(which is 17) Iwill speak my mind, comes with being a teenager you know?
6. College scares the bloody heck out of me. Even though I have a good gpa and act score...*shiver*
7. I dig this icon! :bunnydance:
8. After my Floppy died, I told everyone that I would never have another rabbit because rabbits deserved to run free.
9. I don't handle death well (My 12 year old Lab just died. I know, not a rabbit, but I am an equal animal lover.)
10. I can sit on my hair (Yes, the hair that comes from my scalp)
11. I have three cats (Alley, Casey, and Casper ( Casper was my friendscat. My friend went into the National Gaurd and left him here. I thinkhe stole him. Different story for a different day though.), one dog(Riley...It hurts to say that. I miss my Toby...He was a good boy.),one turtle (Zeke used to have a mate, Zora, but she passed last yeardue to lack of vitamin B), and my mom has two Chinese fighting fish(Red and Jr.)
12. I am a bad speller.
13. My boyfriend has this many cats at his parents house (Don't worry, he has a huge house so they aren't all cramped together)
14. I am betting that you will not read this far. If you do, then have yourself a cookie!
15. Normally I don't tell people things like this and just wait forthem to get to know me, but many people don't care, so I figure thatmaybe this might make you more interested. I am going to stop herebecause 8 & 15 are my favorite numbers.

No worries, from one social nightmare to theother. I don't tend to make things very clear. I also think that peoplemay think that I am talking to myself because I use parenthesis so much(I can't help it, I have lots of tidbits to add!) Maybe I canmake it more clear as I go. Thanks for saying hi.
<3,
RaE

Hi there and welcome!

Its great that youre reading up and doing research before bringing abunny home! Like you, I had bunnies when I was younger and we didntgive them the kind of love and attention they deserved. We just didntknow how personable and lovable they could be.

Its wonderful that you want to adopt from a shelter. Let meknowif you ever need help finding a bunny around you, Im incontact with a few rescue people in TN. But theres always bunnies atshelters it seems, so Im sure you will have no trouble finding theright one.

Again, welcome. Look forward to chatting with you!

Hi welcome to the forum!!

I hope you like it here, I'm sure you will, it's a great place! Will help any future bunnies have great lives:D

Michaela:), Pebble:anotherbun and Ebony:bunny5

Weetwoo_89 wrote:
8. After my Floppy died, I told everyone that I would neverhave another rabbit because rabbits deserved to run free.
Rabbits do run free... in our houses. :)

Nice post. I've decided I like you.

:bunnydance:

Heh! Rae, youand Jesse (JAK)should get along just fine. :) (or not atall) :shock:

You're a welcome addition, thanks for joining up! (And Idon't think you need much redeeming, wasn't your fault).:hug2:

PS: Thanks for the cookie!! :eats:

sas :biggrin:

Hi Rae, and welcome!

I'm a Tennessee girl, too, although I'm quite a ways from you. I'm down near Memphis.

There are a few ARBA sanctioned rabbit shows in TN over the next couple of months:

http://www.arba.net/showinfo.htm

Just pick TN as the location and check the boxes for March, April, and May and click search.

You can see lots of different breeds at any of the shows, ask breedersquestions and handle some rabbits (maybe even take one home!)

I think it's great that you are doing your research first. Have you seen our library section?

There's tons of great info there:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_category.php?id=5

Hi to everyone who has said welcome. Which makes me happy because generally on forums I always end up out of the loops somehow.

Haley, thanks for telling me. If for some reason there were no bunniesat the shelter (which would be a wonderful day) I may take you up onthat offer.

Michaela, I think I shall like it here, everyone seems very down toearth and friendly (Which is good. Sometimes really high-strung peoplestress me out. (No offense if any of you consider yourselfhighstrung.:? You'll have to watch me, pretty socially inept...And abad speller.)

Missycove, I am glad you have decided to like me. It is much harder toget along with people who have decided not to like me. ( I think I amfunny too. But not really...)

Pipp, I hope I get along with everyone. And watch those cookies if Imade them, I am surprised you haven't died already. (I am pretty sure Ican burn water. But it runs in the family, I think, as my littlebrother set ice cream on fire (I guess I have to say that it was theblender but but still makes a pretty good story.)

Snuggy's mom, I didn't know that, I will have to go look and see ifanything is around here. It would have to be close though,because even though I am old enough, I don't have a license so my momor my boyfriend would have to take me. And neither of them like to gofar....

<3 everyones,
RaE
P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like without 'Q' and 'R' :colors:

Latest posts

Back