Hello, I’m back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kzbun

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I used to be on this forum some time ago, but fell off of it once my bun at the time passed away. I’ve been away for several years, but I’ve just recently got a stay at home job and thought it may be the perfect time to get some new buns and start back here again!
I’m 26 years old, love animals and the outdoors, and just bought my own home! I have two buns who aren’t officially named yet but have been called Cinnamon (or Cinnabon) and Sugar (or Oreo). They are two mini Rex babies from different litters. I have verified their genders myself to make sure I don’t have any accidental babies!! Anyways, it’s nice to be back and I look forward to getting to know everybun

Here are the buns and their set up for the time being! I’m waiting until they get to know me better and are litter trained before I let them free roam

Attachments

• 4820D483-7176-48A3-9A5E-A505916FD45D.jpeg
    4820D483-7176-48A3-9A5E-A505916FD45D.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 11
  • FCCC0551-9933-4D34-B5C0-E35C96375108.jpeg
    FCCC0551-9933-4D34-B5C0-E35C96375108.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 48D1D26F-39BB-44DE-A3ED-46580807F040.jpeg
    48D1D26F-39BB-44DE-A3ED-46580807F040.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 10
Welcome back to the forum! I am so sorry about your previous bunny. Your new babies are too cute! 😍 I am guessing they are both females? How old are they?

I hope you don't mind me pointing out some things to better help your bunnies! Over the past years, tons of things have changed in the rabbit community and people have found that many things thought to be good for bunnies were actually bad.
First, I love how much room you have given the bunnies! The kennel and xpen is a great amount of room for them! The blanket you have laid down is also very nice and a great flooring option. I would suggest removing all the bedding from the kennel because that will distract them from using the bathroom in the litter boxes. Instead, you could put a nice dog bed in that kennel to give them something nice and soft to sleep on. A really popular bed is the IKEA doll bed since it is untreated wood! Not only is it adorable, but it provides them something nice to sleep on and it is also a great chew toy.
Second, I suggest giving them some more enrichment. A cardboard box (all the tape removed) with two entryways makes a great toy for the bunnies! Put the box in the middle of the playpen so they do not stand on it and jump over the xpen. Do not allow them to eat the cardboard because it can cause a blockage. It is okay if they do accidentally eat a little bit as long as they are eating tons and tons of hay. You actually should add some more hay in their pen because 80% of a rabbit's diet should be hay. You can put the hay inside the litter box to encourage them to use the litter box. Don't worry, they won't eat solid hay. This link should help: Litter Training
Lastly, please swap to a water bowl instead of a water bottle. Water bottles are hard to clean and hold lots of bacteria. Using a ceramic water bowl that rabbits can't flip will work perfectly and stay super clean!

Welcome back to the forum! I am so sorry about your previous bunny. Your new babies are too cute! 😍 I am guessing they are both females? How old are they?

I hope you don't mind me pointing out some things to better help your bunnies! Over the past years, tons of things have changed in the rabbit community and people have found that many things thought to be good for bunnies were actually bad.
First, I love how much room you have given the bunnies! The kennel and xpen is a great amount of room for them! The blanket you have laid down is also very nice and a great flooring option. I would suggest removing all the bedding from the kennel because that will distract them from using the bathroom in the litter boxes. Instead, you could put a nice dog bed in that kennel to give them something nice and soft to sleep on. A really popular bed is the IKEA doll bed since it is untreated wood! Not only is it adorable, but it provides them something nice to sleep on and it is also a great chew toy.
Second, I suggest giving them some more enrichment. A cardboard box (all the tape removed) with two entryways makes a great toy for the bunnies! Put the box in the middle of the playpen so they do not stand on it and jump over the xpen. Do not allow them to eat the cardboard because it can cause a blockage. It is okay if they do accidentally eat a little bit as long as they are eating tons and tons of hay. You actually should add some more hay in their pen because 80% of a rabbit's diet should be hay. You can put the hay inside the litter box to encourage them to use the litter box. Don't worry, they won't eat solid hay. This link should help: Litter Training
Lastly, please swap to a water bowl instead of a water bottle. Water bottles are hard to clean and hold lots of bacteria. Using a ceramic water bowl that rabbits can't flip will work perfectly and stay super clean!
Hello! Yes they are both female. I insisted on checking before I took them home to make sure! I was told they were 9 weeks when I went to get them.
I plan on adding more toys to the pen and was looking into making a digging box! I’ve already noticed that the black and white one loves to dig, so I want to give her something to dig through. Thank you for the suggestion of the box hide away for them, I have plenty of boxes from the move that I can implement!
I’m not sure how well you can see it in the picture, but there is a dish under the water bottle that has water in it. The person I got them from was using a bottle so I wanted to have that as an option until I know both are drinking out of the dish.
I am always open to new ideas/plans/ or polite criticism that is for the better good of the babies. Thank you for your advice :)

Hello! Yes they are both female. I insisted on checking before I took them home to make sure! I was told they were 9 weeks when I went to get them.
I plan on adding more toys to the pen and was looking into making a digging box! I’ve already noticed that the black and white one loves to dig, so I want to give her something to dig through. Thank you for the suggestion of the box hide away for them, I have plenty of boxes from the move that I can implement!
I’m not sure how well you can see it in the picture, but there is a dish under the water bottle that has water in it. The person I got them from was using a bottle so I wanted to have that as an option until I know both are drinking out of the dish.
I am always open to new ideas/plans/ or polite criticism that is for the better good of the babies. Thank you for your advice :)
You could use the bedding in the cage to make a dig box, while it makes a mess to clean up, my bun loves it!

Latest posts

Back