Hello Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConEd Buns

Reaction score
Hi All!!!! Thanks to Angie and Emily (and probably a few others that I know) I found my way to the board!

My name is Allison, Im 26 and live in Queens NY I have two boys (bun boys that is) Connor and Eddison. Thanks to Angie who assisted with rescuing them from a ConEd yard (Hence their names!) I have my buns. I have had two other precious rabbits in the past who have unfortunately left us, Holiday and Ory, however this is the first time that Ive had more than one at the same time. For about 6 months the boys were bonded.... that unfortunately didnt last long so they are now in separate pens, although still next to one another and have supervised only visits in the living room lol. The boys are 2.5 years old. They will be three this coming December. Ive had them for 2 years (this past February). They are both about 2/3lbs although Eddison is a bit larger than Connor. Their breeds are unknown from they are from the wild but the vet believes they are a dwarf mix.

This is my favorite pic ever, great memories of when they were BFF! lol This pic isnt very old and every once in a while they will sneak in some bonding time but it wont last long so I was lucky enough to even grab this shot when I did.

Connor is on the left and Eddison is on the right

Welcome to RO Allison and buns! Loved the backstory (so many times individuals sign on and have NO idea what is going on with the person and buns - so good job!)

I understand that buns are bonded and then not.. read this story before- which makes me ask are they fixed? Could they be acting out hormonally?

I think what you did is fabulous taking them in and working through the "rough" spot your in.. Good for you!

Can't wait to hear more about you all... PS: Love the photo!

Yay!! It's my GodBuns! I'm so happy to see you here Ali!!!

Allison's bunnies are two of the most handsome balls of fur - EVER! They're story started out rough....someone must have let a pregnant domestic rabbits loose in a very commercial ConEdison yeard n the Bronx. It was winter and right before a very bad snow storm when we finally caught these two babies and two adults.

I remember calling Allison an asking how she felt about getting two bunnies - lol. :brown-bunny:brown-bunny

Now - they live the most spoiled life any bunny could dream of. They have lots of kitty friends, too.

And when Alllison goes away ( which she needs to do more often) - I get to bunnysit my GodBuns. And they are so funny!!!!

Glad you're abaord, Allison!!

Hi Allison! Welcome to the forum! Glad you found your way here! Connor and Eddison are so sweet looking! (Nice to see another Long Islander on here!)

:welcome1

I am so glad you made it over! Welcome to RO!

Those boys are so cute!

Thanks guy! Yes Im from the LL board

Julie, the boys are fixed! I got them fixed when they were about 6 months old. The fighting actually started right before they got fixed.. I think.

It definitly is hormonal because sometimes they get along very well and will share boxes and toys and stuff. Other times its like the WWF. Sometimes Connor wants to cuddle and Eddison couldnt be bothered or visa versa

I miss it and envy you guys with bonded buns.... but its ok.. Ill get over it haha

Hi Allison, welcome to the board!

I'm originally from Queens, moved to "the Island" last year. Your bunnies are beautiful; looking forward to hearing more about them and welcome aboard!:wave:

Hi Guys!!!

*waves to LL members* snicker snicker haha

Thanks for all the love! Sorry I havent been on, works been ickin my butt and my moms been on vacation for the last week so Ive been man-ing the house. Ugh it sucks haha

I will definitly take more pics of the boys. Ill have to go through my "Baby Album" and get some "before" pics up! Whoo hooo

well DUH ang lol you can do anything you want....... well i mean with posting pics, not stealing my boys hahahaha

ill switch comps now and get some posted =)

Per Allison's permisssion - I'd like to share some photos of Connor & Eddison from the day they were rescued. They're a little muddy cause they were living outside in the dirt for so ling - but now Allison keeps them looking sparkly white and clean!

100_3425.jpg

100_3424.jpg

100_3422.jpg

100_3416.jpg

100_3415.jpg

100_3414.jpg

100_3413.jpg

100_3411.jpg

Latest posts

Back