Hello from me and two buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E2

Reaction score
I'm happy to have found this forum. I have two house rabbits I adopted from a shelter in May. They have been a big bright spot in my life recently.

My newest hobby is picking dandelions- these two rabbits just love dandelions, and I'll be sorry when winter comes (I live in Alaska) and there are no more for me to offer them. However, like most rabbits, these two like bananas even more, and I do spoil them with a little piece two times a day!

I look forward to reading/writing more.

E2

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you love and spoil your bunnies rotten, lol. I'm not sure if you know (so apologies if you already know) there are loads of different things you can feed them, so in the winter months maybe you can find them other tasty treats. This thread might help give you an idea for the other things you can give bunnies.

I look forward to seeing you around and learning more about your buns :)

Take care

Tracy

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

My bunnies adore dandelions too, especially the leaves. :biggrin2:

Have you got any pictures of your rabbits? I'd love to see them. I'm hoping you enjoy posting here, you'll find it very informative I'm sure.

~~~~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

Hi,

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum. Here are some pics (if I did it correctly)
eseuskir
of the buns (Arial, the agouti, and Edward). Arial has lots of energy and likes to jump up on the couch and explore the stuffed animal collection. Edward is no slouch either, although not quite as big of a jumper.

eseuskir

E2
eseuskir

Hi there and welcome to RO!

Your pics arent showing up :(To post pics,you'll need to upload them to a web hosting site like photobucket, resize them and then copy and paste the IMG line here.

Cant wait to see pics of your babies! Welcome!

[align=left]Hi again,

Here are the promised pics.

The first one is exploring the other animals Arial on the couch (I think you can find her)

DCP_2002.jpg

The next one is Arial with her dandelion stem

DCP_2032.jpg

This one is Arial and Edward guarding the stero (no music allowed today- but they don't realize we have the remote...)

DCP_1987.jpg

Finally, here they are, eating...

DCP_1995.jpg

[/align]

Oooooh they are adorable!:bunnyheart I gotta plan a trip to do some bunny-napping....;)

Thanks for sharing! :biggrin2:

~~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

Wow, another Alaskan. :biggrin2:Well I used to be...

I was born and raised in Anchorage. Lived there for 16 years.

Welcome to the forum, the people here are great and SO helpful.

~Star~

[align=left]Hi Star,
Thanks for the welcome
Yeah, not so many rabbit lovers in Alaska. But so so many people have dogs, and and usually more than one. I have just always loved rabbits.

[/align]

Hi welcome to the forum, you have very cute bunnies.

Have you ever thought to take some of the dandelions out of the ground and try and plant them in big pots in your house for the bunnies to have over the winter. I don't know it was just a thought.

Susan:runningrabbit:

Welcome to the forum! ;)

My Butterfinger loves dandelions too, so I'm sad that he can't have them now (I moved to the city)....but that's alright, because now he goes CRAZY over my 'honey graham oh' cereal and I slip him a little bit once in a while :p

~Diana Butter

Hi,

It is funny that you mention planting dandelions in pots. I did think of that too. I wonder if it would work...

I have never had rabbits that like dandelions so much. I put a whole assortment of greens that I bought from the store (trying to find something they will like this winter), and some dandelions from the yard on the floor for them. I came back a while later, and of course the whole store assortment was still there and the dandelions were gone. Picky picky.

Not sure about there but you can buy dandelion seeds here :D.

Your buns are so gorgeous, I love seeing bonded pairs, it warms my heart :biggrin2:.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Golly, I have never seen dandelion seeds sold here. It seems like in the US they are viewed as the worst of all weeds!

Latest posts

Back