He acts like he's vomiting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow!! Glad he's feeling better.

Something similar happened to my little guy about a year ago. He goes absolutly nuts when he see's his pellets every evening, he eats them like he has never been fed before. This one evening he gobbled them down so fast that he was choking on them. The same thing happened to him he was acting like he was trying to get something up and had mashed pellets coming out of his nostrils, along with a lot of clear phlem. It was really scary!! We just gently kept massaging his throat to get the pellet to move through,we felt the pellet poking his throat. Scared the heck out of his mommy, ever since Isoak his pellets in water, just long enough for them to absorb some of the water, they are easier for him to eat and mommy isn't a nervous wreck everytime he eats his pellets now!

I honestly don't want to be a wet blanket, but the first thing I thought upon reading this was my first bun. He had heart failure and would do the "choking" sound alot:?. It was quite scary, but to find out what was causing it helped me. Idon't think that is what's happening here, just wanted to mention it;). If it keeps up, get an xray for him.

So happy he's doing better!:)

Latest posts

Back