have to give ivo up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
i really hurts for me to say this but i have to give ivo up..she attacked my mum and ripped a chunk of flesh off.....

i will oviously keep her till the babeys are weaned and then see howshe is after wards i really dont want to give her up but i cant keep abunny that attacks CONSTANTLY..i mean i have a 2 year old neice in thehouse and i dont want to risk in her being bitten or anything...i dolove ivo to peices but if but if it has to come to it i will have tochoose my family over ivo..i do think ALOT over my babeys but i do wantmy family to be around the rabbits..but most of the time they cantbecause ivo just comes charging out...my bf is getting really sick ofit two hes been trying to get me to get rid of ivo (really all ofthem)...i dont even know how to put this properly..im going to haveanother talk with my mum and try to convince her to keep ivo...ill doanything within my power to atleast try and keep ivo undercontrol.....

i know some people are going to say its because shes pregnant...i knowit probably is that...but then again her hormoans are kicking inaswell...

sometimes you get the really deep down nice buns that love attention(like hunny) but then sometimes you get the buns that are justindependant..you just cant tell what kind of bunny you get when therebabeys my only and last option is to get her spayed...and we dont knowhow that will work out..

im sorry i keep posting and posting all over again and again...iv always got gotta post something dont i!!!:?

ill post soon to let everyone know whats happening...if it doesnt gowell with my mum would it be okay if i posted on the rescueme section???

kim

Slow down! Of course Ivo's grumpy, soare human women when they're about to give birth. I betshe'll calm down once she doesn't feel so uncomfortable and isn'trunning purely off of hormones.

And besides, spaying often helps problems with aggression.Give her time, get her spayed when the babies are weaned, and then giveher some more time while her hormones wear out. Then decideif she's too aggressive for you to handle or not.

Do you have her where the 2 year old can't get to her? That can be a big help to prevent that.

How old is she? I'm sure she'll become much nicer after she gets through this baby thing!

breath...... tell your mom to breath...... :D

I would really try to convince your mom to wait it out a bit.

When I first got Wildfire, she was a raging ball of hormonalbunnitude. Lunging, boxing, and biting. If I hadgiven her up at that time, I would have missed out on the most snugglybunny ever.

After about 6 months, she came around and stopped being scared ofpeople. A larger cage was the first big step, and I think wasthe biggest help. Then, lots and lots of treats andpraises. I would also let her run around my bedroom while Idid homework, not trying to interact with her just being in the sameroom.

She became more and more affectionate with time.

The final step was her spay. Even though she was pretty tamebefore her spay, that was the cherry on top! She's so superrelaxed, and doing so well with her bonded buddies.

There is hope for Ivo! She may turn out to be more affectionate than Hunny if you give her the chance.

--Dawn

Slow down! Of course Ivo's grumpy, so arehuman women when they're about to give birth. I bet she'll calm downonce she doesn't feel so uncomfortable and isn't running purely off ofhormones.
I agree...gosh, I remember when I was pregnant, I had been out groceryshopping with my brother one day. He brought up the subject of myhusband - from whom I was separated - and unfortunately happened to saythe wrong thing. I was holding a frozen turkey at the time, and mybrother came this close to being clonked on the head with it!LOL...totally not like me!

Definitely some good suggestions from the others here...hopefully muchof it is hormonal, and I do hope that all works out and Ivo will bemanageable after she's given birth. :hug2:

Ohhhh what we do when we have those preggohormones making us crazy women....... :disgust: Of course Inever ever did anything like that! :lookaround

Yeah, definalty don't jump to conclusions rightnow when any female is at her worst. And if she is charging at peoplein the room-close the cage door! I understand worrying about yourniece, I have three year old twins myself, and I have at least oenrabbit I won't let them near. But then, that rabbit of mine is a doethat needs to be spayed, too. The little heifer bit me so hardyesterday that she left a big purple welt-throughmy heavy wintergloves!

My bun was a biter...we had him neutered inabout October, and he'd started settling down in recent weeks (think Ionly had one bite since moving house in November). Before he wasneutered there were times he'd just fly up at me on the sofa and lungefor my arms!! He'd get all bitey and diggy...I'd cover myself withcushions to protect myself from his bites and digs!!

I think his hormones were finally starting to settle down when we losthim :( He was a beautiful bun, and he really was loving when he wantedto be!!

I would say, try hard to keep her for as long as possible, and get herspayed as soon as you can after the birth (when the vet advises), thengive her a chance to settle down. It is very hard having a rabbit thatbites! I used to cop most, I think...but my husband got the occasionalnip. My kids never got badly nipped by him (I'd get welts through myclothes). Not sure why he behaved the way he did!

I was the one he used to run in circles around, flipping his earsmadly...that's supposed to mean that bunnies love you!! So maybe hisbiting was a way of expressing that??!!

Good luck!
Fiona

my mum agreed to keep her..so asap shell be getting spayed!!

im sorry everyone if i atall offened you..i want to give my buns all the chances in the world when it comes to it...

sorry sorry sorry!!!!!

kim

Hey Kim, don't think you offended anyone! I cantell you love your Ivo and don't want to give her up, but you are underfamily pressure, and that makes it hard. Glad your mum hasagreed to keep her!! I really hope she improves after spaying :)

Fiona

i just feel really guilty and everythingspecially now that iv gotbunsterlove1969saying that i dont love ivoand i should give her a home where people would care for her properly..

she also had 2 babyes but unfortunatly didnt survive..vet will be round later to chek her over thuaght id let people know

kim

I'm so sorry the babies didn't make it.:(

You are still a new bunny mom and you've been trying reallyhard. I don't think you should worry about someone who thinksyou're doing wrong, as long as you keep learning and doing yourbest. And who's to say she'd be better off in anotherhome? Even if you're really careful about who adopts arabbit, sometimes they end up in a bad situation. Look atwhat Katt's rabbits went through, and she did everything right when shefound them a new home.

kimmeh_121 wrote:
i just feel really guilty and everything specially now thativ got bunsterlove1969saying that i dontlove ivo and i should give her a home where people would care for herproperly..

she also had 2 babyes but unfortunatly didnt survive..vet will be round later to chek her over thuaght id let people know

kim

That was between you and i Kim. I didnt say AT ALL that you didnt loveIvo - infact, if you read my message i said you were a great bunny mumand you DID love Ivo.

I'm chuffed for you your mum will let you keep her. :)

i just got that message just now...i still dontsee why you said i should give her to someone who would look after herproperly...but never mind anyway all done and dusted
i do apologise.

thank you anyway for the comment

Latest posts

Back