have scientific question im interesting to know

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marwan

Reaction score
hey everyone
i have scientific question interesting to know really
is about the number of fetus in rabbit in same pregnant
i mean like twins in human, the woman have just one ovum and just one spermatozoon need to fertilization it, the twins come when the only ovum after only one spermatozoon fertilization it goes divided or parted,
here's my question if the same way happened with rabbit or the female give more than one ovum need more than one spermatozoon ?

A female rabbit would release more than one egg. While I am sure identical twins are possible, most litters would consist of a bunch of single eggs that are individually fertilized. Just having 4-6 kits, of both sexes and different colours/markings can show that they come from separate eggs.

was wondering if the ovary release more than one egg in one time thats not happen with human , the woman have one egg even she got twins or 3 baby
thank u Korr and Sophie ))

human women can release more then one egg. humans have 2 types of twins. one where more then 1 egg gets fertilized. the other when a single fertilized egg splits.

never know before that human woman can release more than one egg in time,
coz the eggs not ready,! it is create new one monthly

Fraternal twins in humans (either two twins of the same sex that look different or a set of male/female twins) are the result of two separate, fertilized eggs.
Rabbits release multiple eggs at once resulting in a litter. Most mammals that produce litters do the same.

Fun fact: armadillos of the Dasypus genus give birth to four identical quadruplets (one fertilized egg splits and develops into four identical offspring)

Latest posts

Back