has any one heard of this

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpc

Reaction score
I really need to know if I need to remove my 2week old babies from the nestbox thay are feeding all the time the mombunny never leaves the box and the kits feed at leats 4 or5 times a dayI know this becouse I have saw them and the babies (spanky and stitch)are huge spankey is monteriously huge I just worried that this is nothealthy for them or mom.

thanks again

kim

Overfeeding can sometimes lead to health problemsfor the kits. A doe should normally nurse the young 1-2 timesper day. The nest box can be removed from the cage andreturned to the doe twice a day for feeding the babies.Nursing only takes a few minutes.

Pam

Thanks Pam,

The mom bunny only leaves the nest box to potty, she is blind in one eye and feels safe in the nest box. Thanks again.

Kim

Since the babies are 2 weeks old and will beleaving the box soon, you could tip it on it's side and be sure to keepit very clean. Tipping it gives the babies easy access to thebox.

Pam

Pam

Thanks so much for your help I took the littles out of the cage so mydoe could have a break from Spankey and Stitch after 2 weeks ofconstent nursing I thougt she could use a break ( I know I would if Ihad no break):)I have them in the house where they will bewarm and safe my doe that had them is well not very people friendly Imean she hate people, she don't mind me holding the little one as longas she is not touched I realy think she had a bad experance with peoplebefore we got her

Thanks again

Kim

Back