Harlequin??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliegp

Reaction score
Sooo some of you may know who Rumple is by now :biggrin2: I'm wondering if he'd be considered a harlequin or not. From what I researched online they have a split face like Rumple does, but they're supposed to have ears the color opposite to that side of the face (I could very well have been looking at show standards haha). I'm also wondering if he's a mini lop or a holland lop. I'm not sure how knowledgeable the breeder was since I only spoke to her briefly; but I think mixing up mini lops with holland lops is a pretty common thing because mini suggests a smaller bun and he's pretty little
I tried to get a picture from every angle :)

photo (18).JPG

photo (19).JPG

photo (20).jpg

I'm no expert, but I do have a mini lop and your Rumple looks more like a Holland lop to me. Mini lops are bigger than Holland lops. My mini lop is about 5 pounds full grown. I think Holland lops only get to be about 2 to 3 pounds. Their faces are different too.

As for the coloring, I would consider that harlequin. You are right about the "show standard" being more defined than you will find in every harlequin rabbit.

What is his exact weight?

I can't remember exactly but I think the breeder said something like 4.2 pounds when I got him though I could be totally wrong, not sure if I have a scale

Also what I've seen online posture wise he seems more like a mini than a holland because he sits low rather than upright and pretty but again could be show standards

Can you get some better pictures particularly of his face (a front and side profile) and his whole body in an upright position? That might help as well as a weight.

As far as harlequin your rabbit is not a harlequin as in the breed. His color is called black Japanese harlequin or just harlequin for short. Harlequins are a breed and they are large upright eared rabbits. Harlequin the color is not recognize in any breed (although Dutch have been trying to get support for it). The broken variety of harlequin is tri color and those two colors should be bred together in a tri color program. Tri color is accepted in a few breeds as a color. Harlequin the color is not normally strictly bred for pattern where as harlequin the breed is. The breed is supposed to have a very specific pattern which is why they are such a hard breed to raise for show

okay so I used my good camera for these instead of my phone got a couple more angles, can always post more i dont mind showing him off hehe :big wink:

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

By how smushed and flat the face is and how spoon like the ears are I'm going to say holland. That first picture is pretty much exactly what a holland looks like

Latest posts

Back