Hardwood Floors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brynn dokter

Reaction score
My bunny absolutely hates hardwood floors and I’ve tried her on them a few times but she freaks out and slides around terrified. I have payed blankets down but they are such a pain as they never stay put. I used to have a carpet but she would eat it so I had to take it out. I was thinking carpet runners that have short fibres as she likely wouldn’t want to pull on them but they aren’t wide enough to cover my whole floor! Just wondering if u guys have any ideas of stuff I could put on the hardwood for my little bun! Thanks!

Is she spayed? Spaying can help reduce destructive chewing. But it depends on the rabbit and on the type of carpet.

Look for runners and rugs with super low pile (and dense pile). If the pile is loose, it is more of a chewing temptation. Our current home has wood floor over most of it. I have a runner that spans the space between the cage and a large area rug in the living room. That is the only place that my Mocha will go. He used to hesitatingly wander off the carpet when his bold bondmate was around. She was fine hopping on the wood floor. Now that she is gone, he stays only on the carpeted areas.

You can see how low the pile is on our area rug.

Attachments

• mocha on rug low.jpg
    mocha on rug low.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 4
My Bun dislikes wood floor too. Half our house is wood floor so it makes it hard. You could put a dense rug down. We have a very dense rug with duck tape (neatly) stuck to the bottom to give it some friction.
If your Bunny's nails are too long that can cause unnecessary sliding as well.

I put yoga mat or those kids jigsaw pieces underneath then fleece/towels on top tucked under the mats.
stops her from eating the mats and me from slipping

Latest posts

Back