hard work?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issi

Reaction score
ive got on bunny and was thinking about gettinganother to keep him compony but imm reaaly not sure about it because iwhant to give all the time and care i can !is it doble the work withtwo bunnys?

I think you answered you ownquestion.;)If you really think you have the extra time todevote to another rabbit, then go for it. If not, then don't. Youbetter believe it is double the work. As much as I try to justify tomyself that Stephie is glad to have a bunny companion in the house,deep inside I know she would be perfectly content to get ALL of myattention.:)

I answered in your other thread ;).

When I got my second bunny for Christmas, Ididn't notice any real difference in the time and work I put into them,but luckily, they bonded quickly.

I got a third bunny last month and he's A LOT of work because I can'tcage him with the girls and he can jump the baby gates I putup! Aargh!

Laura

I didn't notice much extra with #2 (til #1 gotsick!) #3 can't be with #1 and #2 til they are fixed, cuz even tho sheis, she gets fed up with their mounting antics...so theresmorelitter boxcleaning....and more cuddles...butthats about it. She can run the house in the evenings...but#1 and #2 can't til they are better trained (which will come with thefixings...) ;) But right now they are all in seperate cages cuz of #1being sick...LOL!, hope that made sense!

Oh, it's definitely more work, but, it's worththe work. None of my buns are bonded, so it means 9 separateplay times everyday. They don't get as much time out of thecage as I would like, but my thought is that there are lots of buns whonever get out of their cages and don't get any love everyday, so ifthey aren't one of those rabbits, they are already pretty lucky.

Jen

For the most part it is NOT double the work to keep two bunnies instead of just one. More work, yes, but certainly not double.

Having written that, the question is if you feel guilty for not having enough time to spend with one, how do you envision having enough time with two, if that is your aim?

Having a second, to substitute for your lack of care or interest might work quite well from bunnies' perspectives if you follow generally accepted practices regarding partner selection, neutering/spaying, and bonding techniques.

Two bonded bunnies get much more out of life than one single ignored bun. Neutering eliminates all the birthing difficulties, housing and placement afterward.

Buck

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
I didn't notice much extra with #2 (til #1 got sick!) #3can't be with #1 and #2 til they are fixed, cuz even tho she is, shegets fed up with their mounting antics...so theres morelitterboxcleaning....and more cuddles...but thats aboutit. She can run the house in the evenings...but #1 and #2can't til they are better trained (which will come with the fixings...);) But right now they are all in seperate cages cuz of #1 beingsick...LOL!, hope that made sense!
omg omg lmbo how do you keep track lolol

Latest posts

Back