Got a new bunny....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
Well this morning my BF and I went to look at abunny...He was nice and a big bunny so we brought him home...just whatmy BF wanted in a bunny...but, all afternoon he has been sneezing andwhen i looked he definatly has the sniffles...white discharge and hehas been wiping his nose so he has some on his paws also...

It seems to me the the breeder should have known about thisbeforehand...And im not sure what to do..Should I call her and tell hershe gave me a sick bunny???:?

Also she said he is about 3 months old, But i was brushing him becausehe had a lil bit of matting underneath, his testicles were fullyout...is this normal for a 3 month old bunny?

*sigh* I'm not sure what to do here...

I would definately contact the breeder and lether know that the rabbit is sick, see if they'll be willing to pay fortreatment or something along those lines.

I'd phone the breeder. Was he like this when yougot him? If she's unaware of the problem and it's something thatspreads like pasteurellosis, her other stock could be affected as well.See what she says.

I would get him checked out by a vet if you still want to keep him. Hissymptoms sound like snuffles, and the sooner it's looked at the easierit is to treat.

Depends on the rabbit. Some mature quicker than others.

Also I'd keepthe two rabbits seperated because until you knowfor sure what he has,he could give it to your other rabbit.

Well I called her, and she was kinda upset andtold me to bring him back and she would treat him...So we will know inabout a week how he is doing. She said she will keep him for a fewweeks to treat him and watch his symptoms. Luckly I had him in adifferent area then my other bunnies and didnt touch them or therethings today just incase. The breeder gave some stuff to spray oneverything to disinfect everything. something called Vanodin, I thinkits iodine..

He is a French Lop Flemish Giant mix, so maybe thats why he seemed a lil developed???

Im glad to hear she will be taking care of the problem. Hopefully its nothing too serious.

When you do bring the rabbit home again, I would have him checked byyour vet before introducing him to your other buns, just to be safe.

Please keep us posted..I'll keep the little one in my prayers:pray:

-Haley

With the spray, you should be ok. I knowmosttimes snufflesspreads by direct contact likenose to nose touching, or if they share the same water bowl, ect. Ifthey haven't been in direct contact and haven't shared any bowls ortoys, then you should be fine :).

Keep us posted on the little one! Hopefully he'll feel better very soon :). Hmm.. never heard of vanodin.

Good thoughts being sent your way!

Latest posts

Back