Gosh, its getting scary now!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mai_Roberts

Reaction score
:shock::shock:

Gosh, it has all come around so quickly! I only have20 (!)days left in school until i leave for my GCSE exams! I have coursework deadlines comeing out of my ears and i dont like it!! My Graphic Products folder has to be handed in compleated on friday, and i have seven (!) A3 sheets to complete! I love the subject to bits but oh my god. Its not easy! I have loads of welsh and french stuff to learn for my oral exam.

The pressure is really getting to me as well. and i am begining to panic...i am falling to pieces! i cant deal with everyteachershouting (i hate shouting)about exams and coursework! All they do is nag nag nag!lol. Why not speak nicely. :rollseyes

Im so scared about these exams. :rollseyes

Anybody else in the same position as me?

Mai xox

better get oiff the computrer then :p

You'll do fine Mai :) I really believe that. And lets face it, whatever you achieve is impressive given the circumstances.

Flashy wrote:
better get oiff the computrer then :p

You'll do fine Mai :) I really believe that. And lets face it, whatever you achieve is impressive given the circumstances.

Im am doing graphics stuff on here, one page down.. 6 to go! Mabye i should get off the net though. :blushan:

Thanks hun, im sure ill do fine. It's just so stressfull. :rollseyes

im reaching my key stage 3 exams in maths.
in the exam in january i got 13 out of 100. the lowest in the year group.
because of my heart problem i dont do pe. so i help set stuff up and cheer. now my maths teacher takes me away for 2 lessons in the libary to teach me maths.
i did not have a ositive attadute going in in the firist place.
but people walk past and geer, because im a "spastic"(if thats a bad word on here ill remove it straight away)
and kike im ok, ill learn it so ill get out of this mess quicker.
i dont want to hurt her feels.. but well she smokes. thats fine its her choice. but she pure goes up to your face when she speacks and smokers breath is not nice at all....:vomit:
no offence to her or any thing...
i dont even know answers and she always asks me the hard ones. so i sit there like, in my head im like."oh ":censored2::scared::headsmack:shock2::ponder::faint: whats the answer! then im like.... um i dont know. and the class laughs and she looks like,, omg! what have you been doing!
but i really listen in class.. i do. i got moved from my one friend. we dont speack because we both are like wth! and we dont mess. she just moved me.
in other subjects maths is used. im ok in the subjet untill maths is used.
i really hate this presserure.
i cant do mental maths. i have to write it down, like i cant add 11=5 with out writing and working it out.
every night i sit down with times tables,
i only know 1 2 5 and 10 times tables.
i do try but the teacher are like ggrrrrant:X
and i m like. :tantrum:
so mai your not alone! lol.
sorry for my long rant. but i feel under pressere aswell! lol

Its ok, i dont mind, rant away. hehe. I am the same with maths, i dont know my times tables. and im 16. I have to sit there with pen paper and use my fingers. Though, i am geting better. I did a maths assignement last week and i got 39 out of 100. and i was so chuffed with it... it was a B! I have been getting c's and d's before. I was so happy with the B!

But my personal mentor thing, who is my english teacher, because he was the only person i would let be my personal mentor! :blushan: (i get along with him! lol) Is helping with maths, and with my english. And it is helping me alot. :) I think the only reason i got that B was because i have been haveing extra help with maths. xx

Mai_Roberts wrote:
Its ok, i dont mind, rant away. hehe. I am the same with maths, i dont know my times tables. and im 16. I have to sit there with pen paper and use my fingers. Though, i am geting better. I did a maths assignement last week and i got 39 out of 100. and i was so chuffed with it... it was a B! I have been getting c's and d's before. I was so happy with the B!

But my personal mentor thing, who is my english teacher, because he was the only person i would let be my personal mentor! :blushan: (i get along with him! lol) Is helping with maths, and with my english. And it is helping me alot. :) I think the only reason i got that B was because i have been haveing extra help with maths. xx
i managed to get a U.....
we dont get mentors.
i hate the way she taeches it though. its like. its in the text book....:X

its great you got help in maths! and english!!!!!!:D

edith_ im going to learn iirish. i have a small test tomorrow about spelling some words... but i have to remember the words aswell....:ph34r2 :expressionless
slán

Maths, don't even mention the word I hate it!

Mai: I have my junior cert this year, I think that is like your GCSE? They run from the 3rd of June till the 17th of June and I have eleven subjects, it's going to be hard and stressful.

Im not sure, they may be the same. Mine run from the week begining the 18th of may, until the week begining the 15 of june. Im quite lucky all mine are spread out x

I am so jealous. I wish I could do GCSE's instead of A Levels! Its a scary thought that I have to attempt to get good grades. Its 7 weeks until I finish school FOREVER and move out!

Trust me you are lucky. GCSE's are so easy. Just wait until you get to A levels, where an A at GCSE is equal to a C at A Level and is so much harder.

I do product design too so I feel your pain about the project. I have to hand mine in on the 30th, and I have about 20 pages to do.

Mai_Roberts wrote:

Anybody else in the same position as me?

And then some. :nod

I am in year 13 doing my A levels and have 23 teaching days of school left. After that I have the major stress of final A levels (no more modules...the final things...:nerves1), the stress of finding out if I have gotten into uni, and then I will have officially left school forever. I could actually cry whenever I think about that. I love sixth form, I don't want to go to university...:cry2

Jess, where have you applied too and what are you studying? I've got an offer from MMU for Art and Design...... I only need 80 UCAS points to get in!

Heya Fran :)

I applied to Newcastle, Northumbria, Leeds, Sheffield and York to do English literature and language.

I have offers from Sheffield (AAB), Newcastle (AAB) and Northumbria (some certain amount of UCASpoints I think...I don't really understand their offer to be honest! Its quite low I think). I got rejected from York, which I really wasn't bothered about as I didn't want to go there anyway, however I found out a couple of weeks ago that I was unsuccessful withLeeds as well. They gave me the whole "we have thousands of applicants but only 230 places" excuse. I really cried after hearing that as Leeds was my favourite. :sigh:They are passing on my application to other English departments... but...meh! I hate university stuff.:(It makes you feel like such a dunce!

I'll probably apply to Sheffield/Newcastle as my first choice and Northumbria as my insurance as it is lower. One of my friends got an unconditional offer from Newcastle for historythough, I am so jealous!! She could totally blow her A levels and still get in!

Well done on your offer. 80 points - that is pretty impressive! Do you think you will go there?:)

Don't let yourself get too stressed out hun.:hug2: I was there last year, GCSEs are very manageable, not fun at all, and yes they are stressful, but once you get started they really aren't as bad as you think they will be!:) I had nearly 30 exams last year for mine, they lasted right to the end of June, stupid Triple award Physics. :pssd:

Just take it one exam at a time, the language speaking exam is definitely one of the worst parts, (for me it was anyway, the only worse thing was the Additional Maths mechanics, good lord..) and you get it over with early. :)

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I am in year 13 doing my A levels and have 23 teaching days of school left. After that I have the major stress of final A levels (no more modules...the final things...:nerves1), the stress of finding out if I have gotten into uni, and then I will have officially left school forever. I could actually cry whenever I think about that. I love sixth form, I don't want to go to university...:cry2
I cannot wait to leave school! I still have another year! :( I am sooo excited for uni! Sorry you didn't get an offer for your first choice. :(

I probably won't either, QUB is so difficult to get into for Dentistry, so I'll more than likely have to go to England or Scotland, if I get all As that is of course, we don't even know if they are going to require A* or what yet as we're the Guinea Pigs. (Not to mention that chemistry is absolute nonsense this year and I need an A, wish we'd had a January module in that...)

And we have to sort it all out NOW as my school want all "early birds" - (Medicine, Dentistry, Vet, and Oxford/Cambridge) UCAS forms sent off in the first week of September! Scary for people who don't know what they want yet.

Michaela wrote:
Don't let yourself get too stressed out hun.:hug2: I was there last year, GCSEs are very manageable, not fun at all, and yes they are stressful, but once you get started they really aren't as bad as you think they will be!:) I had nearly 30 exams last year for mine, they lasted right to the end of June, stupid Triple award Physics. :pssd:

Just take it one exam at a time, the language speaking exam is definitely one of the worst parts, (for me it was anyway, the only worse thing was the Additional Maths mechanics, good lord..) and you get it over with early. :)

Thanks. :hug2:Im just panicking at the moment with coursework deadlines, ill get there though! Just need to chill out a bit, and get organised.

Yea, the speaking exams are horrible, i ahve french and welsh ones! Luckly, the welsh one is in a pair, and my partner is fab. i love her to bits. She has really helped me focus on the actuel exam. Sadly, the french one is only me. I was typeing up all the questions for it last night... how fun.

I think i need to make a revision time table... thats a good idea! xx

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Heya Fran :)

I applied to Newcastle, Northumbria, Leeds, Sheffield and York to do English literature and language.

I have offers from Sheffield (AAB), Newcastle (AAB) and Northumbria (some certain amount of UCAS points I think...I don't really understand their offer to be honest! Its quite low I think). I got rejected from York, which I really wasn't bothered about as I didn't want to go there anyway, however I found out a couple of weeks ago that I was unsuccessful with Leeds as well. They gave me the whole "we have thousands of applicants but only 230 places" excuse. I really cried after hearing that as Leeds was my favourite. :sigh: They are passing on my application to other English departments... but...meh! I hate university stuff.:( It makes you feel like such a dunce!

I'll probably apply to Sheffield/Newcastle as my first choice and Northumbria as my insurance as it is lower. One of my friends got an unconditional offer from Newcastle for history though, I am so jealous!! She could totally blow her A levels and still get in!

Well done on your offer. 80 points - that is pretty impressive! Do you think you will go there?:)

My best friend has his firm as Sheffield for English and Drama!

Its so annoying when you don't get where you wanted to. I have to apply direct to the universities rather than UCAS because the course I am doing is a BTEC rather than a degree. I got accepted to UCA Rochester which is a local ex-poly and accepted it because I was so sure I wouldn't get into MMU! Then I got an offer from MMU and I almost cried I was so happy. I really didn't expect to get in as they have around 800 applicants for 180 places, and I have never taken an Art GCSE or A level, and am predicted C's and D's so I was so shocked when I got in!

You do English lang and lit as separate A levels don't you? I do them combined and I'm so worried about the exam.... I do not feel prepared! And I just got an essay back and got a D+. My teacher wrote on it 'This essay would have been f****** brilliant if you'd used P.E.A!!!!!'

Also, can I just say, how on earth, when I am only taking exams in 2 A-Levels, do I manage to have two exams ON THE SAME DAY?

Lol Fran, I feel your pain! Don't complain though, I have 8 exams in the summer, 2 on the same day (4 hours, 1 hour of history in the morning and 3 hours of English lit in the afternoon...bah!:grumpy:) Still, I'm just glad I don't have any bad cross-overs. During mock week I had my 3 hour eng lit exam on one morning and then my 1.45 history exam in the afternoon. I wastotally zonked outafter that day!

Yeah I do the Englishes as separate subjects.:) My lit class always jokes on that we were good at English last year...but not anymore!;)A2 English literature is so much harder than AS its actually a joke.:nope:I'm kind of keeping the faith that it will all end up ok come results day - but you never know really!:expressionless

pinksalamander wrote:
P.E.A!!!!!'
Point, Evidence, Analysis?;)At my current school we use 'OEA' (Opinion, evidence, analysis) but at my old school they used 'PEE' (Point, Evidence, Explanation) which means the teachers could be so witty (;)) and say "remember to PEE all over your work!" ha ha...:p

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
 P.E.A!!!!!'
Point, Evidence, Analysis?;) At my current school we use 'OEA' (Opinion, evidence, analysis) but at my old school they used 'PEE' (Point, Evidence, Explanation) which means the teachers could be so witty (;)) and say "remember to PEE all over your work!" ha ha...:p

We PEE at GCSE but we PEA at A level!

I actually have 6 exams, but two are GS.... so they don't count seeing as I got a C in the last 3 exams yet have only been to 2 hours of lesson time since the beginning of Y12!

What do you study in lit? Play/book/poetry wise? We did Margaret Atwood (the crazy woman!) and Much Ado. I'm guessing Birdsong? :p

Latest posts

Back