Good GRAVY! ... Vanilla Flavoring/Extract Works!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Buck has clued us in on another winner!!! Thanks, Buck! :D

I think that I mentioned to you all that I've had problemsgetting Sherman to drink more water. I'm not worried thathe's getting dehydrated, thankfully, because he has greens in his dietthat have a high water content. Yet ... I'd still like forhim to have a healthy water intake.

Well, Buck mentioned in one of his posts that the vanillaflavoring/extract was not only good for preventing fly strike, but thatthe buns seemed to sometimes favor the taste of the water which inturned encouraged an increased water intake.

Well ... I put about a teaspoon in His Majesty's water bottlelast night ... and good GRAVY!!! :shock: He's beendrinking water like there's no tomorrow! I don't think thatI've seen him drink this much water since he's been with us!

Thanks, Buck, for yet another winningidea!!! You're#1!!!

I agree! There's no one like Buck!

-Carolyn

Blitzensmybunny, Sherman has a 32 oz.water bottle. I just put a teaspoon in it. Maybehalf a teaspoon for the 16 oz.? Just a suggestion.

Y'all(sufficiently Southern, eh?) make me laugh, but I'm happy it works as well for you as it has for me.

Sherman now can belly up to the counter, and ask for a, VANILLA coke, hey?

Buck

haha a bunny asking for a vanilla coke. Yesterdayit was so hot my bunny was asking for air conditioning. Shealso wants me to go buy some new toys. She isnt playing with her mouse.I guess she thinks its for cats. :) I amgoing to be using the vanilla in her water too. I got to get some. Idon't bake so its not something i have here.

Cristy

One of my favorite expressions is just a tad moreor someone is at the bottom of the tadpole list. As ismyhusband is at thebottom of the tadpole list at hisjob. Then i met this cool guy name Tad and its even funnierto use the expression.

Cristy

Question: What can I goto get Megan todrink more water, even if I put vanilla in her bottle, she still onlydrinks if yousqueeze the bottle for her. She doesn't know howto drink any other way. If someone's in the room she'll chin the metalpiece and paw it until someone squeezes the water out for her.... justwondering ! :)

I have heard that if you put an ice cube on top ofyour water bottle, when it melts she will find the dripping water andlick it, learning that if she licks the metal ball, water will comeout. I have never tried it, because I have never had a rabbitthat hasn't been able to find his water (yet). Let me know ifthis works for you. :)

She's tried to do it on her own lots of times, butmost times shes spoiled and makes someone else get the water out forher....lol.

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
She's tried to do it on her own lots of times, but mosttimes shes spoiled and makes someone else get the water out forher....lol.
Any reason why not to use an open dish instead of a bottle? Just one that she can't tip or throw.

Rose

just bought some vanilla extract last night.none of the munchkins seemed keen on it. i noticed ingredientscontained alcohol. is that bad for the bunnies?

Nicky Snow wrote:
just bought some vanilla extract last night. none of themunchkins seemed keen on it. i noticed ingredients contained alcohol.is that bad for the bunnies?
heh..no it just makes them a lil tipsy! LOL

...j/k ...its such a small amt. when you dilute it in the water that there no effect from it.

Latest posts

Back