Going to snow tonight!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is New York a state or a city within a state? I thought it was a city? Im not good on american names/states tho lol. Apparently theres been power cuts which i'm thinking could cause people to die??

It's both. New York is a state and has a city within called New York City

PepnFluff wrote:
Is New York a state or a city within a state? I thought it was a city? Im not good on american names/states tho lol. Apparently theres been power cuts which i'm thinking could cause people to die??

When people are talking about New York the state, it's usually abbreviated to NY. When talking about the city, it's NYC. :) That's just how I've seen it done!

Well, all the lovely "warm" 40[sup]o[/sup]F weather melted a bunch of the snow, and the temperature dropped and everything froze. The city of Waukesha (where I live) has no traffic-lights operating. How fun! Oh, well. People tend to blow through the red lights here, anyway.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Well, all the lovely "warm" 40[suP]o[/suP]F weather melted a bunch of the snow, and the temperature dropped and everything froze.
Same here in Indiana! My car doors were frozen shut, and I almost fell down in my driveway. It just looked damp - I didn't even think about ice until - slip!

Anyway, we had to get out the blow dryer to heat up the doors to get them open. My neighbors probably think I'm insane! "Look at her! She's out there blow drying her car!! If she gets out the styling brush, I'm calling the nut farm to come take her away. Kids!! Stay away from that WEIRD lady across the street!" LOL!!

It was much more fun when I went outside to go to my job interview(s)! Will did not tell me that he parked my awesome station wagon where the water runs off of the garage, so my wheels were frozen to the pavement. Most of my doors were frozen shut, with the exception of the front passenger one. I had to crawl through there and kick my door open. Then, my windshield was frosted over FROM THE INSIDE and I had no scraper. I had to scrape the entire inside surface of my windshield with a vinyl checkbook cover. Not fun. I wasn't late to my interview, though! The temperature on the digital bank sign said that it was 8[sup]o[/sup]F. Woohoo!

My word!!! You win! ;) I had a similar experience last winter, also trying to go to an interview. Did you feel all flustered, even though you made it on time? And did you work up a "sweat" trying to get into the car, scraping inside and out, etc.??

There was no ice on the outside whatsoever. It was all on the INSIDE. I was flustered, and when I finally was able to get in the car, I fell. Luckily, Kirk the Wonder Wagon caught me :) Yes, I named my car. Sue me. :p

kherrmann3 wrote:
There was no ice on the outside whatsoever. It was all on the INSIDE. I was flustered, and when I finally was able to get in the car, I fell. Luckily, Kirk the Wonder Wagon caught me :) Yes, I named my car. Sue me. :p
My station wagon has a name too - it's "Da Boat", as in "do ya wanta take Da Boat orda Cougar?" Yes, it is 2 tons of 1985 Detroit steel...fuel efficient, it ain't! :D

Mine is '92 Mercury Tracer Wagon (Cream colored). It is awesome on gas, but terrible for Winter driving. It is too light weight! Right now, it costs me less than $20 to fill my tank, and I get over 200 miles in one tank of gas. :D I had fun sliding around on the ice this morning. Whee!

Our wagon is a Crown Victoria (impressed, right?). We also call it the "Bunny Mobile", along with Da Boat, because it's the only vehicle we have that's big enough to transport the buns to rabbit shows.

I know, those donuts are awesome, right? Our church is across the street from us so we have a parking lot close by. When we get the right amount of snow, I usually go over and play around awhile before I park my car in my driveway! When my daughter was a toddler, she would be sitting in the back seat screaming, "HELP!" Poor child, I think I traumatized her.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
When my daughter was a toddler, she would be sitting in the back seat screaming, "HELP!" Poor child, I think I traumatized her.
And the Parent of the Year award goes to... :p j/k :biggrin2:

Will and I go zoom around in the parking lots around here in his Jeep. That thing is fun for donuts! Once at Aldi, we parked on top of the giant snow heap left from the plow. It was in a parking space, well, where a parking space used to be...

Latest posts

Back