Getting another bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaboy

Reaction score
Okay, so I currently have two dwarf rabbits (mixes), The male is neutered as the female is not spayed yet. They both are under a year old. I am really interested in getting another bunny, particularly a lop eared rabbit, about medium sized. Could I bond a third rabbit to the pair? What gender would best suit a already bonded male and female? Would the size of the new rabbit intimidate the smaller ones?

Yes, rabbits can bond in trios, sometimes even more. But just because they can, doesn't mean that they will. You should be prepared to take on the new rabbit whether or not it ends up bonding with the pair you have now.

Have you read up much on bonding? You can look here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17for some excellent information.

I think it's great that you want to get another rabbit though. Are you planning to look into rescues or from a breeder? If you get the rabbit from a rescue, he or she will be fixed and therefore easier to bond. Since you have a male and a female, I suggest getting another female, but it's not impossible to have another boy in the mix. I also suggest getting your current female spayed. It will make the whole process easier.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back