Genetics question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Ok, so the mom is black aa-B?-C?-D?-E?....how do I know what to fill in in the question marks? Ive been trying to figure it out all freaking morning and Im so frustrated. She has sable martin, siamese smoke pearl, siamese sable, sable point, tort, himi, and orange in her background.

The dad is broken chocolate...aa-bb-C?-D?-E? (I think)... same question here. He has choco, brok red, brok blk, lynk, chestnut, opal, brok blk otter and brok blue otter in his background.

Im trying to figure out what can come from this mating and HOW to know what to fill in the ?s....in baby terms,lol.

:?

:surrender

wowza...I'm confused too. I don't blame you! XD lol

What a combo of colors on those pedigrees! You got a little bit of everything. :p

wooly_queen wrote:
:surrender

wowza...I'm confused too. I don't blame you! XD lol

What a combo of colors on those pedigrees! You got a little bit of everything. :p
Lol! Thats what Im sayin!

It would help it you posted the colors in a pedigreed format.

black
black - black
black-black black-black
black-black black-black black-black black-black

That would help us tell you what your rabbits will carry.

Well, you can rule out any tan pattern or agouti colors- selfs can only produce selfs. Black is most likely, but any number of colors are possible.

The resultinglitter may help you to fill out some of the blanks (for example, if a REW is in the litter, you know that both parents would be Cc).

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
It would help it you posted the colors in a pedigreed format.

black
black - black
black-black black-black
black-black black-black black-black black-black

That would help us tell you what your rabbits will carry.

Im still lost =(

Like this?

Black - mom

sable martin -siamese smoke pearl

siamese sable -sable pt/ sbl pt - tort

himi-siam sble/ siam sble - orange/ siam sbl - sbl pt /sbl pt - orange

Brok Choc - dad

choc - brok red

choc - choc/ brok blk - lynx

?? -??/ choc - choc/ brok blk otter - blue otter/ chestnut - opal

(She had a mystery brown colorand a broken black baby in this litter)

If you're saying the dam is black and her parents are sable marten -siamese smoke pearl, then she's not black, she's seal (homozygous shaded)cchl cchl. Improper color identification will make it even more difficult to predict genotypes.

Ugh...thats what her peds say that they gave me ...that shes black. This is why I need to learn genetics, so I can find mistakes like these...**runs off to the nearest college**

Latest posts

Back