Gecko Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckers

Reaction score
When I went out to get the mail today, I found a little gecko hanging by his foot off of the mailbox. At first I didn't think he was alive, but he moved his head slightly. I got him to crawl onto the pile of mail and brought him into the house.

Right now, he's in a box with a handful of the bunny's hay and a lid full of water. Usually, I'd take him back outside and release him somewhere safer, but a cold front just came through and the temperature has dropped from 75 yesterday to 30 this morning. Can a gecko survive that temperature or should I try to keep him alive inside for a few days until it gets warmer? I'm not even sure what they eat if I were to keep him inside.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer--he's a cute little guy, I don't want anything to happen to him.

Yeah, if he doesn't have a warm place to go/stay, he will die. I would say keep him in the house until the weather warms up.

Mr. Gecko is doing fine today. I stopped by Petsmart yesterday for supplies, so he now has his own home. He ate two crickets and seems happy. I'm going to release him back to the mailbox on Saturday when it warms up. Thanks for all the help!

Good to hear. I have a huge soft spot for geckos.

Could we see a pic before you release him? :waiting:

I'll try to get a picture--he's pretty shy and I'm afraid I'll hurt him if I touch him. He has a coconut shell house and he's been staying in it most of the time. He did eat another cricket last night.

He is a cute little guy. I'm going to release him, but it was fun having a pet lizard for a few days. Maybe in a few years (when my son is older), we'll get one for a real pet.

They are very easy to care for. How old is your son?

A leo is an awesome pet!

I really like the care sheet--I've bookmarked it for the future. My son is two, so when he's old enough to help a little with a pet, we might look at getting a gecko.

Cool :)

Latest posts

Back