Furminator for small animals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
All I can say is buy it now! I was lucky enough to get one of these for free from the Furminator booth at Blogpaws last month. I have used Furminators before and they were just OK. I just used the one made especially for small animals tonight on Sparky (poor girl!) and OMG!! did it ever work GREAT. I got so much dead fur off of her and it was effortless. I especially loved the FURejector button. I was able to groom her with one hand and hold her with the other. I don't often recommend products, but I was so impressed with this that I wanted to share with my friends.

http://www.furminator.com/deshedding-tools/small-animals/small-animal-deshedding-tool

I'm so glad you posted this! I've seen these, but was curious to know if they were all that different than a regular grooming brush. This looks great. I'll definitely be getting one soon! Our new little guy, Crispin, is shedding a TON! I've used a lint roller on him and gone through 4-5 sheets and can still get more hair out with the brush after that.

I have some other brand with a similar blade and I really like it. I usually take Timmy outside and we sit on the back steps with his harness on and I brush him and just leave the fur in the yard for the birds.

Would you say there's really that much of a difference between the small animal one and say the cat one?

We have one for the cats and dog, I can never find it when I need it. I do use it on the rabbits, mostly on Squish, she is bigger than most cats.

We have one for the cats and dog, I can never find it when I need it. I do use it on the rabbits, mostly on Squish, she is bigger than most cats.

I just bought one of these for my constantly-shedding lionhead! I can't wait to see how well it works. Looks great.

Looks interesting....Almost looks like the blades on clippers. Is the comb part made of stainless steel?

I like the bulb type handle, looks like it would be easy and comfortable to hold while grooming.

Seems a bit pricey though.

I looooove furminators!! I have a dog one and a cat one. They do cost a mint, but are so worth it! I'm just extremely careful when using it on my bunnies. :biggrin:

After getting my nails done today I decided to stop at Petsmart since its close by and see if they had any in the store. Sure enough they did and they were on sale (only one left though) so I got it.

Haven't use it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Funny when I was checking out the cashier said make sure to keep your receipt in case you want to return it. I told her it came highly recommended and that I was sure I wouldn't need to return it :)

Ahh my friend and I went together on a Furminator ($80, so $40 each).. She has a cat who sheds all over the place, and my bunnies were shedding but not able to get it all out. It got a lot of fur out with just a really light and quick do-over on all three bunnies, and really helped work out a lot of mats. A mutual friend of ours recommended it, and yah, it definitely works.

I think it's one for short-haired cats. I'm always super gentle with my bunnies so I figure it's fine.

Woah! $80?? The small animal one is $30 here. That's what the major difference was to me, the price! But it is a great brush; hard to find, but great.
I called my local Petco and asked if they had the Furminator for small animals. I got a terse response, almost not letting me finish the question. "Yes we have that" click. No goodbye, nothing.
So I walk in there and ask for the brush, and they're behind the counter there. I wait in line for twenty minutes (somebody cut in front of me, but don't worry she apologized and stayed put!) I had both buns in a tiny carrier, and they aren't bonded yet so I was nervous about a fight while they settled in line. I though since I called ahead it would be a quick in and out type deal.
Finally get up to the counter and helped the cashier dig though baskets of these brushes to no avail. There wasn't a small animal one in sight. She offered the cat brush, which is twelve dollars more. I would have forked up the money but I wasn't sure of the difference.
Needless to say, I told them that their customer service rep sucks and that they should check before telling me that they have it. I did end up getting it at another store after looking in three more.
Moral of the story: if you see it, buy it! These things are selling out quick! By the time I got a hold of one, I could have ordered it online and had it shipped.
Great brush though, both Cheeto and Millie love it and I've noticed a decrease in Cheeto's shedding.

Latest posts

Back