Fur Mites and treatment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekcip1

Reaction score
HI all! Haven't been around lately, so busy asour rabbit herd just seems to increase. We now have a hollandLop trio. Are expecting a litter any day now. Dannyhas gone into opals and chocolates along with his tris in Mini-rex andhis bew and rew polish. I have the rest of the polish and thehollands. His opal Buck Gandalf won grand champion of our 4-Hfair this year. Two of my polish bucks, blue and chocolatehave their third legs and are now grand champions. Anyway, tothe problem at hand. We have a fur mite problem and I knowDennis has posted the treatment for this with oral Ivermectin, but Ican't find any of the posts on the old site. So am hopingeither he or someone who may have copied the dosage and duration canhelp. Can post here or email us at[email protected] Will try toget here more often. Thanks, Donna and Danny

Kitten flea powder can be used. I hadalso used Sevin garden dust for many years (the product is labeled safefor use on cats). Ivomec is very effectivealso. Paste horse wormer containing Ivermectin can be givenorally -- use a small smear. For the liquid Ivomec,the dosage is 1/10 of a cc (.10) -- perevery "5" pounds of body weight.

Pam

Thanks Pam, I know Dennis has posted about thehorse paste before for use with fur mites. I am very leeryabout the dusting cures as I have heard some horror stories.Since I have to treat about 23 buns, the paste will be the way togo. It seems they are only on the polish. Can'tfind any on the MIni-rex, perhaps because their fur is sofine. I will also treat the two hollands as well.Thanks for the info. Donna

Latest posts

Back