Fur Missing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bramble Briar86

Reaction score
One of my rabbits, Bramble, has furmissing from the back of her neck when i got her a couple of weeks ago.she recently had had a litter before i got her but, wouldn't it havegrown back by now? i'm pretty sure it's not a fungus but thenagain.....help!?

Ellie;)

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
the contents window is.....where?

The "first page" of this forum, which lists all the topics currentlybeing posted upon by members. You have to go through it to get to anypost, as you did to get here.

Just go down furtherbelow this in thelist of posts,as someone has posted something similar to your question and a veryinformative reply was given.

To make it easier for you, link here,http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=3956&forum_id=1totake you to thesame place.

I, myself, treat fur mite infestation with a dollop of Ivermectin 1.87%mixture of horse worming paste, available at most feedstores. I repeat the pea sized dollop treatment at10 day intervals twice more. One can force feed the bun thedollop of paste with a syringe, or more conveniently, place it on thefore paw, where the bun will "clean" it up by licking it away.

That is, assuming it is fur mite infestation. See anotherpost of a similar nature that gives more symptoms that might beapplicable to your situation:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=3916&forum_id=1

Buck

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
it can't be mites, nothing is raw or any newpatchesdevelopedg, it's just missing fur! i'm puzzled

Fur missing at the back of the neck is a common sign of furmites. "Dandruff" is usually observed in thearea. Unless the infestation is bad, rawness, bleeding orscabs are normally not seen unless a secondary bacterial infection hasadvanced. Fungal infections may also cause bare patches andmay be spread to humans.

Other causes of bare skin can be injuries or the buck may have pulled the fur out during breeding.

Pam

My baby had that too, and I gave them terramycin,and that has helped. And like you I didn't see no dandruff,or scabs or nothing just missing hair. She is better now.

Latest posts

Back