Frustrated

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xchr1stinax wrote:
  When my family and friends found out, their reaction was "Why'd you pay so much?  She's just a bunny!  Just buy a new one, they're $50 at the pet store!"  Hello, insensitive much? :cry2

Do your friends think you're crazy for treating your buns like babies?

I don't know why so many people are insensitive about rabbits as house companions. It depresses me, quite honestly.

"Just buy a new one". :shock: That just amazes me. I'm at a loss for words.

kherrmann3 wrote:
I just deal with it and keep telling them that my bunnies are my babies, so they just have to put up with having a "crazy bunny lady" for a sister. They back off when I mention the crazy bunny lady thing! :p

Yeah, I tell people I'm an eccentric old man with bunnies, and generally that shuts people up, too. :p

slavetoabunny wrote:
LOL, whenever anyone says "oh, you're the bunny lady", I reply "no, that's crazy bunny lady". I'm darn proud of that title!!
Yes, I seem to have gained the title Crazy Rabbit Lady which I too am pretty happy about :D

We should have a club :biggrin2:

Lol, i have a feeling I'll be joinging that club too, though right now its just crazy cat lady. I wonder how people will respong to "the crazy kitty and bunny lady"? good mix too, my cats and bunny love playing together

I think it's funny when people think my 4 bunnies are "a lot of bunnies." And then I tell them I know a couple people who have about 30 each. It's fun to see the expressions on their faces! :p

My parents think I have too many. I told them I had six when I really had seven. Now I'm down to six. They also think I spent too much money on vet care for a rabbit. Not their business. I could say the same if they spent a lot on one of their dogs. Not my business.

I took time off of work to get Smitten to the vet because she was in bad shape. It didn't go over well since I missed two manatory trainings. I ended quitting that job because it was costing me too much money to travel back and forth.

Back