freedom for the bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issi

Reaction score
how many times a day should i leave my bunny runfree? hes an indoor dwarf rabbit. i let him free as much as i can butmost of the time im not home and sometimes hes in his cage all day anyadvise i whant my bunny to be a happy bunny:)

I like to let my rabbits have lots of freedom toobut its really difficult coz i have 3 rabbits - none of which arelitter trained and none of them can be out at the same time - tht makesthis really difficul.

Sorry i cant help though,

Leanne:)

As much time as pos mine come out in the eve forover 5 hours but its eaiser for me coz im home during the day and Ileave there cage open so they can hop in and out when they want, untillI go out. :D

so what about them chewing on things and cables and poopin evrywhere hehe you have to be watching them! right?

issi wrote:
sowhat about them chewing on things and cables and poopin evrywhere heheyou have to be watching them! right?
You can buy plastic tubes to protect the cords. The can chew on furniture.

If the bunny is litter trained, they will usually go back to their cageto do their business, but bunnies can pee and pooeverywhereto mark their territory. Neutering a bunny should help with peeing.

issi wrote:
sowhat about them chewing on things and cables and poopin evrywhere heheyou have to be watching them! right?
Mine are litter trained,the odd poop that they cant be bothered to go to the litter box my doghoovers up for me:DVery helpfull doggie. They arealways watched.

How about letting him out at night just to strokehim for a couple of hours or letting him run round the floor (whilewatching TV maybe). If you don't have the time for that atleast makesure you stroke him alittle everyday, untill u can let him out as thiswill reassure him.

Cat x

Our bunny is out all the time, but his run spaceis limited, since we have laminade floor and he is afraid to walk onit. We put towels on the floor and our bunny hops on it.

Weve got wood floor too, and a very large rug inthe middle of the room. My oldbun shawn will only walk on therug, my new young bun zebadee knows this and hes not afraid so if heshad enough of shawn, zebadeejust hops off the rug:p. AndShawn sits there on the edge of the rug looking cross:X. SometimesShawn is brave and will do a very long jump to the rug by the door.:D

samandshawn wrote:
Weve got wood floor too, and a very large rug in the middleof the room. My oldbun shawn will only walk on the rug, mynew young bun zebadee knows this and hes not afraid so if hes hadenough of shawn, zebadeejust hops off the rug:p. And Shawnsits there on the edge of the rug looking cross:X. Sometimes Shawn isbrave and will do a very long jump to the rug by thedoor.:D
Thats so cute how they are different. Chernish has triedto go on the floor next to the walk, but could never overcome the fear,his paws slip.

My Snuggles is just now, after more than sixmonths,getting brave enough to go onto the kitchenfloor. She discovered some crumbs last night, so I'm sureshe'll be back!

Laura

pippin has no promblem on the wood floors, infact i think he likes it and he hops about slipong around and somtimesgoes real fast to skid hehehe hes pretty funny:D

issi wrote:
pippin has no promblem on the wood floors, in fact i thinkhe likes it and he hops about slipong around and somtimes goes realfast to skid hehehe hes pretty funny:D
Russel and Flop do that too lol. The other day Flop was chasing my catalong it and fell flat on his side - not hard or enough to hurt himselfor naything but it was really funny. He always tries to follow the cat.Even on to the top bit of the sofa!! I will try et s ome pics coz itsso funny him being up there.

Leanne

Latest posts

Back