Free Range?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adalii

Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding this.

I have a small rabbit, as he is supposed to be no bigger than 4lbs, and I was wondering if I should give him free range of my room when he gets older. I would rabbit-proof everything, and ensure he can't get out and such.

I'm only wondering because everyday I let him run around, and he decides to go back in his cage when he is done, and then he gets a treat and I close it. I just can't help but feel he isn't getting enough playtime.

If I were to do this, I would make sure he was litterbox trained and his cage was open at all times, and he would have sufficient food and water, and I would lock him in at night.

Another question is, at what age do you think he could be given free range? He is nearly 6 months, and I will be having him neutered soon too.

Thank you in advance ^^

I would say that's once he's litter trained go for it. Our bun is only a little over 4lbs and he has free run 24/7 of our living room and dining room. Just make sure that it's 100% bun proof first. And you might have to change things every once in a while as he discovers new things to eat. Like we thought our living room was 100% bun proof until he decide that leather was the best thing to eat ever.:whistling:brat: Now our leather couches are all covered with blankets and couch covers. :eek:hwell:

Latest posts

Back