Follow up about Thumper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy/Thumper

Reaction score
Since everyone was so kind when I lost Thumper Ithought you might be interested about the outcome. I finallyfelt like I could talk to the owners without lossing it. Theyfelt so bad about the situation. They really were worriedthat the dogis aggressive due to the nature of the situationand asked if I thoughthe should be put down since Isaw how it went down. That really took me back but was gladthat they cared. I was expecting them to act like it wasn't abig deal and think I was nuts for being upset. I'mnotsure I believe in the death penalty for dogs but I bet hewill always be on a lease from now on! PS they are paying thevet bill. I am really worried aboutLucy. She still isn't eating and has such a sadlook on her face!! She keeps looking for him and then plopsdown with a sigh. Poor thing!!Thank you all for your help during this hard time! HappyHolidays!!

alison

I am SO happy to hear this news. I know it mayhave been hard confronting them, but you may have saved another life.I'm so happy to hear how they responded. I must not be remembing thestory completely, had the dog gotten loose from a yard? Why didn'tthese people see the dog go into your house?

Again, I'm sorry for your loss, and Lucy's. Does she have a stuffedbunny? Mr Wiggles has one that he takes care of, maybe that would helpher.

Take care,

Megan

Actually Megan they didn't know how he gotout. Which seemed a little wierd but it was probably a weekor so later when I spoke to them. They have a fenced inbackyard. It was during lunchtime when ithappenedso I don't know it they just let him out the frontdoor to let him go potty the lazy way or if he escaped from theyard.The dog owners in my complex hasabadhabbit of letting thier dogs out rather thanwalking them. (Im in a townhouse) That is a goodidea I will get lucy a stuffed rabbit to help her (until ofcourse, when I get another one). You know I realized that shespent the most time with Thumper than anyone else in thefamily. I had thier cages across from each other in thediningroom. So While I was at work and my son was at schoolthey were together all day. I'll make sure to give her moreattention. I know they say not to give them more treats atthis time or else it will encourage this behavior so I am trying not togive in to the puppy dog eyes.

Buck, do you think it would make a diference which sex the next rabbitis?? Do you think that it should be a buck to help her withthis loss? Just curious. Thank you all again foryour support!!

It's good to know that your neighbors are decentpeople who understood what tragically happened in your home.I am happy they are open to the fact that their dog was vicious in hisattack of your Thumper. Hopefully, he isn't as mean withanyone or anything again and was only acting out his nature.Still, it worries me that he came into your house. My bigAussie wouldn't step into anyone's house for any reason without me andthen I would probably have to drag her in LOL!

I think Lucy needs a friend.

That's great about the owners, Alison, and I knowvery brave of you to talk with them about it. I had neighbors that hada dog that did the very same thing to a cat, went inside the house too,but these neighbors didn't care what their dog did, or how it affectedthe owners of the cat. (not to mention the cat itself)
My vote is for another bunny, too....I haven't replied to you on theCube Cages thread yet, but these cages aren't hard to make at all! Youcan do it in an evening or an afternoon. I think the hardest part isdeciding what you want it to look like and holding the panels while youzip tie, which is easily remedied by another pair of hands. I got somegrass mats for Stanley's cage and as soon as his mommy cleans the cocoapuffs (poops) out of it I'll take a pic and let you see what it lookslike. Is pretty fashionable now, compared to when it had cardboard andtorn up newspaper in it.
That would be a nice project -- new bun for Lucy, new cage for both of them.

I'm confused :?Lucy's a dog, right?

*edit* yeah, she is. it sounded like we were talking about a bunny....

I would say to get another bun, but to maybe do a trial period, and see if the two get along. Good luck! *fingers crossed*

I am so glad to hear things went well with theneighbors! The last thing you need at a time like this is an argument.I was bit by a neighbor's dog once while out on a bike ride (I was justriding past on the street and he ran out of the yard and chased me) andwhen I called the guy he didn't care. I'm glad your neighbors did!

Give Lucy a big hug for me - she could use one. Good luck finding a new little buddy for her.

Latest posts

Back